Singapore Expats Forum

Age limit for working and Permanent residency

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

singer999

Age limit for working and Permanent residency

Postby singer999 » Thu, 25 May 2006 12:18 pm

Hope you can help me.

We are american citizens and we would like to move to Singapore and work and eventually becomes permanent residents. Some one told us that there is an age limit for one or both of these ( working or obtained permanent residency ). Is this true? Can you point you to further information? Thanks.

Singer

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 25 May 2006 2:37 pm

Hi singer999,

I am also an american and am above 50 years old and a SPR. That doesn't mean anything really, except that I've been here for 24 years.

The following link will take to you to the Immigration Website FAQ's. It would appear that if you are above 50 there is nothing written down but each application will be judged on it's own merits. (what that usually means is how big is you bankbook!)

http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/a ... aq.asp#q27

Wishing you good luck.

sms

singer999

Postby singer999 » Fri, 26 May 2006 10:36 am

SMS, Thanks for the info.

With respect to above 50, what are the success rates on that? You said it depends on the bank account. Do they look at money coming in to Singapore when we relocate to Singapore? Anecdotes if any will be informational.