Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone works out in fitness first paragon?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
rearnakedchoke

Anyone works out in fitness first paragon?

Postby rearnakedchoke » Sun, 21 May 2006 7:02 pm

guys and girls. Anyone who is member of fitness first ?

sleepy_eyezzz

Re: Anyone works out in fitness first paragon?

Postby sleepy_eyezzz » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 3:14 pm

rearnakedchoke wrote:guys and girls. Anyone who is member of fitness first ?

I am with fitness first but i usually swim during lunch time at the george street branch. They have a great pool view and its heated. I dont attend alot of classes, usually Body Combat. I think Ben is pretty good in motivating the class. Some of the gym instructors are jus moving, not really too enthusiatic in the workout. At the end of the class, you don feel like you had a workout.

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 4:49 pm

sorry may I know how much is your monthly/yearly membership fee?

I have visited One George Street branch and I must say the view is great !
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Health Clubs ranking

Postby M_Aurelius » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 5:27 pm

How would all of you rank between California fitness, Takashima Fitness club and the fitness first?...thanks

sleepy_eyezzz

Postby sleepy_eyezzz » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 3:53 pm

EPL wrote:sorry may I know how much is your monthly/yearly membership fee?

I have visited One George Street branch and I must say the view is great !

I sign up on a 3 months renewable scheme dec 05, and is currently paying $150/month. A couple of months back, my fren enquired, and i think they are charging $200/month now. I suspect they increase the membership fee over time, so the earlier you sign up, the lesser you will pay. I have a fren who is paying less than $100/month i think, but he had been with fitness first for a long time.

sleepy_eyezzz

Re: Health Clubs ranking

Postby sleepy_eyezzz » Fri, 02 Jun 2006 3:57 pm

M_Aurelius wrote:How would all of you rank between California fitness, Takashima Fitness club and the fitness first?...thanks

I have only visited california fitness for a couple of times, but i feel there are too many members within california. I am not too attracted to the thought that i have to smell someone's perspiration while i am working out.

I used to be a member with planet fitness with china square branch, i like the space they have, and they were never too crowded (probably because that place is huge). But nowadays, i heard that they are getting really packed as well.

never been to taka fitness club, so i cant comment.

I like fitness first because most of their location have a pool, and its very near to my office. Its really easy for me to pop over for a lunch swim. Of course, they have little things like supplying you tshirts n shorts, drinks within the club, etc, which planet n calif don have. In terms of facilities, i feel they have lesser equipments, but its also because they are alot lesser members than the rest. The weekend and lunch exercise crowd never get too crowded, and of course, you pay a premium for that! Their membership is probably 2-3 times more expensive than planet n calif.

Postby Guest » Sun, 04 Jun 2006 4:18 pm

Thanks Sleepy..I took a look at all three this weekend and came to the same conclusion..just signed up at Fitness first.

Hey rearnakedchoke, did you say you work out of paragon location...I just sign there..not a bad place.

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 2:39 pm

Thanks sleepy_eyezzz for the information..

There is a booth of FF in Raffles Place - it must be "promotion" again to
attract new membership application..will check out by this week then..
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

timtams
Regular
Regular

Postby timtams » Mon, 05 Jun 2006 4:24 pm

I just joined Fitness First. I definitely agree that people who go together help in motivation. I'll be having my first session tomorrow! Will probably check out George Street one of the nights after work. So anyone who goes to the George Street or OUB Centre club, do let me know. :lol:

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Gymming

Postby La Di Da » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:06 am

Hey Timtams,
I go to George St & Paragon, have been a bit slack over last couple of months but am back into it now. Starting from next week I'm going to try and go Spinning/RPM (fab for shifting any wobbly bits!) and BodyPump after work, so let me know if you fancy joining,

Cheers,
:girl:

natalie_sod

Postby natalie_sod » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 1:31 pm

hi...

i work out at fitness in paragon too. i try to attend the RPM classes regularly. TRY being the operative word. hehehe.

i usually work out alone since my friend goes to the George St (not sure) branch. it'd be great to make a new friend though. :) just let me know when you guys are there. :)

Bello

Fitness first paragon

Postby Bello » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:32 pm

Hi all I have had experiences with some of the gym in singapore. Fitness first is the best of all for me, If any of u prefer quite gym with only Tai-tais then suggest Taka fitness :)

Im going to work out at FF in paragon tomorrow afternoon 8-)
Sawadeekup

Bello

Re: Health Clubs ranking

Postby Bello » Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:47 pm

M_Aurelius wrote:How would all of you rank between California fitness, Takashima Fitness club and the fitness first?...thanks

Fitness First : 8 out of 10

California : 4 out of 10

Taka : 7 out of 10

:lol:
Sawadeekup

Bello

Postby Bello » Wed, 02 Aug 2006 9:20 pm

Juz got back from working out at fitness first paragon...hope to make new friends who is from there too :roll:
Sawadeekup

sailaway

Postby sailaway » Mon, 07 Aug 2006 5:24 pm

hi, can anyone give an indication how much fitness first is charging per month now? 100? 150? 200?