Singapore Expats Forum

Approved-in-Principle (AIP) for Singapore PR available for H

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Left Wing
Regular
Regular

Approved-in-Principle (AIP) for Singapore PR available for H

Postby Left Wing » Sun, 21 May 2006 12:54 pm

I have secured employment in Singapore with a large intl’ co. and will be joining them in July 2006 .Me and my wife are Indian passport holders; my wife is a permanent resident of Hong Kong and I am on her dependant visa.
Are we eligible for: Approved-in-Principle (AIP) for Singapore PR available for Hong Kongers. Can we can access this scheme

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Approved-in-Principle (AIP) for Singapore PR available f

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 21 May 2006 1:00 pm

Left Wing wrote:I have secured employment in Singapore with a large intl’ co. and will be joining them in July 2006 .Me and my wife are Indian passport holders; my wife is a permanent resident of Hong Kong and I am on her dependant visa.
Are we eligible for: Approved-in-Principle (AIP) for Singapore PR available for Hong Kongers. Can we can access this scheme

I believe that scheme is only open to Hong Kong Citizens. It would appear that you are not Hong Kong Citizens but Indian Nationals. (PR does NOT means Citizen for Immigration Purposes).

schizoide

Postby schizoide » Wed, 24 May 2006 3:47 pm

i happen to have applied for the landed pr scheme from hk. i think anyone who has the right of abode in hong kong can apply for the landed pr in singapore (see link). ask smc about it, they're in admiralty centre.

http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp

but keep in mind that if you accept this job and get an employment pass you will not be able to get the landed pr anymore.