Singapore Expats Forum

HARDEST PART FOR EXPAT!!!!!!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

dent

HARDEST PART FOR EXPAT!!!!!!

Postby dent » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:10 am

can somebody help me to find a website or a company who accept a filipino expat?, I always notice the job opening is for singaporean, pr, speaking mandarin only, pls. they say a dependent pass holder can apply for a job but how if this is the case?i've been searching almost everyday but still nothing happen.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jobs

Postby joop » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:12 am

Try jobsdb.com , have yet to see a Filipino-expat site for job hunters...
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

dent

re:

Postby dent » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:23 am

thank's for the info.

Cool_pink

Postby Cool_pink » Sat, 20 May 2006 1:42 pm

Hi there,
I am a filipino expat,been in Singapore for 3 years and got my P.R. last year.

It will be challenging for you to get a job here,espically you are holding dependant pass.
Most of the company prefer to employ Singaporeans or P.R. because it is a long process to get an employment pass.

There are other part time jobs who accept Filipino expats who are holding dependant pass,most of it are low rank jobs.
What sort of jobs are you looking for?

I have been applying for jobs lately as well,I got a good offer to some really good company but most of it requires selling or telesales.I don't like to sell.

I applied for some airlines too as a Flight Attendant,but no such luck.
I am now thinking of taking up Public Relation and Advertising course for 6 months and then apply for a job.
I like to do event management /Marcoms.I know the course will be an advantage.

I hope you can find a good job you'll enjoy.
Good Luck!€

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:29 pm

If you've searched this FOrum you' would have known that the modus operandi for job seeker from Gfound Zero was - Just do it.

I applied anyway and I got here! That was almost a year ago...

Yuh, time flies...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

miguel

Re: HARDEST PART FOR EXPAT!!!!!!

Postby miguel » Fri, 26 May 2006 2:30 pm

dent wrote:can somebody help me to find a website or a company who accept a filipino expat?, I always notice the job opening is for singaporean, pr, speaking mandarin only, pls. they say a dependent pass holder can apply for a job but how if this is the case?i've been searching almost everyday but still nothing happen.

hey dent!

i'm also a filipino. been working here for the past 3 months now. well i understand your situation man. it's pretty hard not only for filipinos but for all foreigners for that matter because of the language barrier.

there are a lot of companies here in singapore that hire filipino jobseekers. if i'm not mistaken - mfg/semi conductor companies such as StatsChipPac, Panasonic, Intel (a lot more in the industry) has lots of fil engineers / managers. there are also banks like Citibank (what some friends say). if you're a programmer, network engineer or anywhere near IT, there are a lot of job offers also in this industry.

just be patient man! just continue applying. it will come...

ayos ba?