Singapore Expats Forum

New Sub-Forum Index

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Do you find the new Forum Index Helpful?

Yes it is the best thing since cup noodles
15%
It is slightly more helpful
8%
No, not helpful at all
77%

Total votes: 13

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:12 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Added to that he misses his wife who is also a dip and busy, busy, busy.

Aaaahhh... the Power Couple Grande. Quit posting and get the man another drink before he realises you're shirking your duties...

Enjoy your lovely soy bugers and organic tofu loaf tomorrow...

Yeah, they're both 6'2, blond(e) and blue-eyed - she was a member of the Atlanta Olympic Team . . . and I'm -- - - well, not blond!

Mrs 'Cluses sister came to Sing for a few days (also a vegie) and cooked up a storm, so now we have masses of tofu-this and tofu-that plus lots of tofu-those.

Ain't life grand!?

'nuff said Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:22 pm

Vaucluse wrote:Ain't life grand!?

Well... if not. Than certainly, bland!

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:28 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Ain't life grand!?

Well... if not. Than certainly, bland!

Having said that - it's amazing what can be done with the old tofu nowadays. Still, give me my prawns, salmon and crabs to crunch through!

(I should have mentioned the Olympic swimming Team)

But they do have the positive side of drinking quite happily - especially Champagne - so they are almost lushes . . . hmm, who else like the odd glass of Champers?

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 May 2006 9:37 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:Added to that he misses his wife who is also a dip and busy, busy, busy.

Aaaahhh... the Power Couple Grande. Quit posting and get the man another drink before he realises you're shirking your duties...

Enjoy your lovely soy bugers and organic tofu loaf tomorrow...

Now THAT'S a recipe for gout if there ever was one!.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Sat, 20 May 2006 10:00 pm

[quote="Vaucluse"]

Having said that - it's amazing what can be done with the old tofu nowadays. Still, give me my prawns, salmon and crabs to crunch through!

So do you only eat veggies and seafood then, V?

As an alternative have you tried tempeh? Made from soya beans and originating from Indonesia I believe, it comes in a square brownish like patty and is available in most wet markets. Nutty in texture and nutritious to boot, it can be used in sambal goreng with french beans etc and is quite delicious when cooked in this way and the Malays often utilise it in cooking. http://www.tempeh.info/

Another option is Paneer (Indian cheese). Similar to tofu in appearance it is whitish and firm like in texture. Paneer is made from cow's milk but I have to admit, I'm not a big fan myself and will take tofu over it any day.

But they do have the positive side of drinking quite happily - especially Champagne - so they are almost lushes . . . hmm, who else like the odd glass of Champers?

I enjoy the odd glass of champagne or two but am not a huge fan.

Mary, what is pesco-vegetarian?

Edited to add link and correct typo.
Last edited by Global Citizen on Sun, 21 May 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man's meat is another's poison.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Sun, 21 May 2006 12:20 am

They use tofu as implants for breasts enhancement surgery too.

Enjoy your next plate Vman :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 21 May 2006 9:45 am

GC: A pesco-vegeterian is one of a few terms for an individual who is a vegeterian but still eats fish.

I like tofu, don't get me wong. There is a restaurant at home -- a chinese restaurant run by an Ang Mo who studied in China -- he makes a dish: salt & pepper tofu. Well, it's sex on a stick, I swear.

Regarding Champagne. Perhaps my all time favorite. I like champagne cocktails as well. belinis, mimosas, I like 'em all. But not all at once :-|

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Sun, 21 May 2006 10:41 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:GC: A pesco-vegeterian is one of a few terms for an individual who is a vegeterian but still eats fish.

I like tofu, don't get me wong. There is a restaurant at home -- a chinese restaurant run by an Ang Mo who studied in China -- he makes a dish: salt & pepper tofu. Well, it's sex on a stick, I swear.

Regarding Champagne. Perhaps my all time favorite. I like champagne cocktails as well. belinis, mimosas, I like 'em all. But not all at once :-|

"Get on the floor! This is a stick up!"...gives new meaning to that term.
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'