Singapore Expats Forum

For Concert favoured.

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

For Concert favoured.

Postby papaya » Fri, 19 May 2006 9:52 pm

I like going some concerts, piano, cello, orchestra... musicals as well.. but hardly find people who like them.

so, anybody interested in those kind of concerts ?
send me pm or post a reply. i will create yahoo group for concert information exchanges and like-minded people can go.

Postby Bonbon » Fri, 19 May 2006 10:47 pm

I'm in.

Though biased , or playing ignorant, apart from lots of what's the local symphony orchestra called? performing in Singapore of course. I have only seen a very few from overseas coming to Singapore to perform.

I 'm definitely in if there are good musicals, operas, trios etc ...however again, have not seen, heard many *western* musicals performances here in Singapore.

Postby tangerika » Sat, 20 May 2006 11:20 am

I am interested!
Love cello, there were three great concerts recently, don't know about any further though.
Musicals not really my cup of tea.

On June 6 is Shanghai Beauty, have a look at Sistic... interested?

Postby Di_choc » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 3:05 pm

hi, keep me in the loop. i enjoy going to concerts & musicals too. i also like to watch ballet and other dances.

saw Yoyoma live in singapore a few years ago. more recently, i've watched dim sum dollies, phantom of the opera, and another group featured in the singapore arts fest earlier this year.

now contemplating to spend $200 to watch maria pages end this year... anyone interested? we can get some early bird discounts if we purchase tix by this mth in mutiples of 4.

Postby Snowfly » Thu, 16 Aug 2007 9:03 pm

You should check out the music conservatory at NUS, they have free recitalks every so often

Blue Sapphire

Postby Blue Sapphire » Mon, 20 Aug 2007 9:40 pm

I was in Singapore in time to catch the Phantom of the opera, it was amazing! Next I'm going to see the 'King & I' and 'Swanlake on Ice'.

I havent gone to any classical concert yet here but would love to.

I think it would be a great idea to keep up the posts here. Sometimes there are these shows around and you want to go but no one to go with.