Singapore Expats Forum

Temporary Employment Pass (EP)

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

skimilk
Regular
Regular

Temporary Employment Pass (EP)

Postby skimilk » Thu, 18 May 2006 1:15 pm

Anyone knows anyone who has successfully gotten a temporary EP? The MOM website simply says that granting a remporary EP is subject to the discretion of the officer in charge and didn't really offer any details as to the grounds or criteria for possibly getting one.

I'm moving to a new job and had to cancel my EP to apply for a new one. My new employer attempted to apply for a temporary EP for me so I can start work immediately but was denied. I'm currently on SVP and it would really have been great to have gotten the temp EP so I'm curious.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-SC

brifusg
Regular
Regular

Re: Temporary Employment Pass (EP)

Postby brifusg » Thu, 18 May 2006 10:25 pm

skimilk wrote:Anyone knows anyone who has successfully gotten a temporary EP? The MOM website simply says that granting a remporary EP is subject to the discretion of the officer in charge and didn't really offer any details as to the grounds or criteria for possibly getting one.

I'm moving to a new job and had to cancel my EP to apply for a new one. My new employer attempted to apply for a temporary EP for me so I can start work immediately but was denied. I'm currently on SVP and it would really have been great to have gotten the temp EP so I'm curious.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-SC

Which sector are you in? For the first time, I got temp EP for 1 month before getting my PR. Did ICA give you any reason why they refused your application for a temp EP?