Singapore Expats Forum

DP Pass holders

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

DP Pass holders

Postby bunty » Thu, 18 May 2006 9:18 am

My wife has a DP based on my employement pass.

she is trying for employment, but as soon as mentions she is a DP, she does not get positive responses.

As we understand DP just need to apply for Letter of Consent once the job is offered. does the employer need to do anything... why are employers reluctant.....

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Postby k1w1 » Thu, 18 May 2006 3:58 pm

What type of work is she applying for?

A DP and an LOC are essentially an EP when put together. Did that make any sense? :lol:

Basically, if your wife is applying for low paid work, they might be shying away from her because her permit requires a minimum pay of $2500 per month. I don't know if this is the cause, but I would suspect that it might be.

Applying for an LOC takes two weeks and is a lot less hassle than getting an EP.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Postby bunty » Thu, 18 May 2006 5:54 pm

she is applying for a lecturer's /teacher's post in polytechnic.

i dont think the reason for rejection could be because of payscales.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

DP Pass

Postby bunty » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:56 am

Can anyone recommend any recruitment agency which has been successful in placing employment for DP Pass holders. most of the agencies, my wife called caters to only PR....

bushbride
Regular
Regular

Postby bushbride » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 1:56 pm

k1w1 wrote:What type of work is she applying for?

A DP and an LOC are essentially an EP when put together. Did that make any sense? :lol:

Basically, if your wife is applying for low paid work, they might be shying away from her because her permit requires a minimum pay of $2500 per month. I don't know if this is the cause, but I would suspect that it might be.

Applying for an LOC takes two weeks and is a lot less hassle than getting an EP.

I don't know that this is case in all situations.

I think there is something else at play here other than what your pay will be. I think proof your skills cannot be matched by a local like with all other transfers to and EP might apply? Not sure though.

Emplyers need to submit a form and a letter from what I hear also.
- Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. Da Vinci -

vrossi

DP holder

Postby vrossi » Sat, 01 Jul 2006 5:33 pm

I am a DP holder but the SG govt gave me a job. Try looking for other jobs.

Godmode

Postby Godmode » Sun, 02 Jul 2006 8:08 pm

my wife is also in the same dillemma at the moment..all recruitment agencies tell her that they dont cater to DP pass holders.

In terms of educational qualification , she is a MBA in HR from one of the top most business schools in APAC and 6+ years of experience.

I feel singapore goverment should look at this talent which is simple going waste due to REGULATIONS.