Singapore Expats Forum

Great Leap into oblivion?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 May 2006 10:54 pm

Okay, It seems that even when something is a carefully orchestrated as the launching of this Subforum, there are still teething problems. Seems patience is not necessarily a virture with a few of the Mods.

Anyway, As Baf indicated, if the OP wants it moved ....
If the originator wants we can move it back to the General Discussion section.

The OP has indicated her desires,
well just to give you something to do, why don't you move this thread back to the general section? thanks!

And the request has been ignored, I will take it upon myself to rectify the matter.

sms

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 17 May 2006 11:38 pm

thanks, SMS. well it's not totally Baf's fault for leaving it there as i kinda wavered and said in a later post that i wouldn't mind leaving it there just to get the subforum going as long as it wouldn't be heavily moderated. also to keep quasi's thread company seeing as he very nicely started one there. it also occured to me that having a thread here doesn't prevent it from being moderated and moved about anyway so it really didn't make a difference which forum it was in!

is there a kind of moderators forum where you guys could discuss things before unleashing your decisions on the rest of the world? :wink:

i agree patience is needed in any teething situation and so will now put on a happy face though this thread's has pretty much lost its train. :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 May 2006 11:50 pm

Actually, Pal asked me to flesh out that forum as it was me who initially requested it. We do have a Moderator's forum which is invisible to normal posters. and I worked on this over a week with input from JP, Baf, SE & myself. The Rules were drafted by input from all the Mods. I though it was pretty settled but I guess we were hoping somebody would jump right in. Unfortunately it's launch was not at the most auspicious of times was it! What with the debacle on the t-shirt thread.

Oh, unfortunately, I have to disagree with you with regard to the meandering all over the shop. This is not condusive to a serious discussion. To hard to follow looking for the relevant bits inbetween the garbage. That's why I always still used the "Talking Point" Forum on the Angry Board. It was self moderated by the posters themselves. (just guests could not post -but they could read like here). I wanted it to be the same way here, depending on the OP's feeling when posting the topic whether they wanted serious or meandering/lost original topics.

I still think it will work. :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 18 May 2006 12:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Oh, unfortunately, I have to disagree with you with regard to the meandering all over the shop. This is not condusive to a serious discussion. To hard to follow looking for the relevant bits inbetween the garbage.

meandering is nature's way. have you ever seen a straight river? :P

ok ok i know what you mean and agree to a certain extent. there comes a point where the flow no longer just meanders but disappears altogether or heads off in another direction from what was intended.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, Pal asked me to flesh out that forum as it was me who initially requested it... I still think it will work.

and just for you, SMS, i've thrown in a pound of flesh myself. yes i think it will work too... and work is the key word... it can be hard being serious! :wink:

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Thu, 18 May 2006 11:23 pm

why not make this a thread here and put the other one back...?
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 22 May 2006 3:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And the request has been ignored, I will take it upon myself to rectify the matter.

sms

LOL - Sorry to burden you lah.

BTW I am only just checkign the forum again since last week and just now saw that thread had been moved back.

Sorry for the mix-up all. Even the Bafana is human (Accoring to some urban legends anyway :cool: )
Be Like Water

Bafana

Postby Bafana » Mon, 22 May 2006 3:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And the request has been ignored, I will take it upon myself to rectify the matter.

sms

LOL - Sorry to burden you lah.

BTW I am only just checkign the forum again since last week and just now saw that thread had been moved back.

Sorry for the mix-up all. Even the Bafana is human (Accoring to some urban legends anyway :cool: )
Be Like Water