Singapore Expats Forum

Let's have a.....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Let's have a.....

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 17 May 2006 6:56 am

...................really, really daft topic. I see that there's now a 'serious' board....well, this thread can be the 'daft' board........(This in response to Tiki's saying we needed some silly posts....you got it Tiki...!!!) :wink:

Today I went to load the dishwasher and threw a plate in the rubbish bin and scraped spaghetti into the machine......(not joking)

And I sat down too early after putting false tan on my legs and now have a posterior like a tiger....stripey.....

AND......I ate a packet of crisps, four custard creams and had two glasses of wine......all after my main meal.....but it's logical (if you're a girl)....because, bear with me....you see, tomorrow I go on a diet and I need to sneak this lot in before I start it.....obvious, yeah? :D :D :D :o :o

I mean, they won't count, will they, those calories...???? :wink:
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 17 May 2006 7:04 am

What a cute post.

Go easy on the tanning product now. We want to slather on a nice and even layer but just enough to achieve a natural look :lol: .

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Wed, 17 May 2006 8:41 am

... And you think I was daft singing karaoke with the b/f's boss.... :lol:

Love it love it love it Bubbs. Maybe you'd better check you medication though... :wink:

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 17 May 2006 11:53 am

Fake tan in Wales & whitening 'sauce' in Singapore! The grass is always greener isn't it? Or is that 'the skin is always a better shade'?

Doing silly things; I have often walked into a room at night & turned the light off, by force of habit as it were, then I am standing in a dark room & have to go & turn it on again :oops:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Wed, 17 May 2006 11:56 am

Again... check the meds Baron. :wink:

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Wed, 17 May 2006 12:34 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:.... by force of habit

I have a bad habit of checking if I have taken everything or not after I have left the place and not before getting out.

This panic-attack has happened a few times...

I am on the phone with a friends and I get off the cab and I start checking ....

Wallet - Check
Bag - Check
Handphone - feel my pockets, look in the bag ...oops ooops ....

and I anxiously inform my friend who is still on the line, "Oh God! My handphone is missing".

This has happened with the same friend with whom I have been on call more than twice...and she ALWAYS amazed!

Arrggghhh..!
tonton toto, ton thé t'a t-il ôté ta toux?

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 17 May 2006 12:37 pm

baron and kats, you guys are funny!

i have looked for my spectacles when they were sitting on my nose. :oops:

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed, 17 May 2006 12:45 pm

This has happened with the same friend with whom I have been on call more than twice...and she ALWAYS amazed!

A wonderful 'blond ' moment :D :D
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Wed, 17 May 2006 12:54 pm

Thanks WIHM! ;) The spectacle-search has happened to me too....and it is such a relief when you find that they are on you esp when you are rushing and have been frantically been looking for them :D

Baron Greenback wrote:A wonderful 'blond ' moment :D :D

Last edited by Kats_ on Wed, 17 May 2006 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tonton toto, ton thé t'a t-il ôté ta toux?

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 17 May 2006 12:56 pm

Couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready to get to work. Time came to pick socks. Picked a pair. And decided to comb hair so put the socks on the shoulder. Walked to living room. Looked for the socks. Hunt up and down the house looking for them. Finally pick another pair, put them on and walk down the apartment, take elevator. Get the bus stop. See some people looking funny. I look down to check if my fly is open and bend down to clean some spec of my shoes and socks which were on my shoulder fall to the ground.

As to how I salvaged that moment is a story on its own. :-)

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 17 May 2006 2:12 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:Couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready to get to work. Time came to pick socks. Picked a pair. And decided to comb hair so put the socks on the shoulder. Walked to living room. Looked for the socks. Hunt up and down the house looking for them. Finally pick another pair, put them on and walk down the apartment, take elevator. Get the bus stop. See some people looking funny. I look down to check if my fly is open and bend down to clean some spec of my shoes and socks which were on my shoulder fall to the ground.

As to how I salvaged that moment is a story on its own. :-)

:lol: Brilliant, guru!

'nuff said Image

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 17 May 2006 3:49 pm

A while ago I was out shopping in Guildford which is about 10 miles away from where we live. When we'd finished shopping we walked back to the carpark. Could we find the car :? We looked on every floor and it was no where to be seen. We always use the same carpark but use on the off chance we looked in the other carpark, still nothing!

After an hour, we were just about to call the police, if suddenly dawned on me that we actually taken the train :oops: what was even dafter was that I'd been carrying a 8ft piece of furniture for last hour which was reason for taking the train in the first place as doesn't fit in the elise :oops: :oops:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Wed, 17 May 2006 4:08 pm

LOVE IT.....Saint, that's classic.....and loved, loved the socks on the shoulder one guru.......

What about this one.....

When my sister in law was a baby her mum took her to the shops in her pram...in those days you could leave the baby outside and come back to them...no one walked off with them (think I've told this tale before,...anyway..)....Maggie, my sister in law was a new baby, very tiny, and Freda her mum went into Boots the chemist, got what she wanted and walked to the busstop and came home.....forgot she had a baby, it was so new.....

Panicked and caught next bus down...this is about hour later....and there was Maggie, still in her pram, fast asleep....Oh God, just think what would happen nowadays (perhaps)

My mum used to look for her cup of tea when it was in her hand...

Lots more but must rush to class, will do more soon.....
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.