Singapore Expats Forum

Recruitment agencies in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Recruitment agencies in Singapore?

Postby guest » Tue, 03 Aug 2004 5:23 pm

Hi,

I've been looking for alternative employment in Singapore, and have found the recruitment agencies here quite unprofessional and unwilling to assist. Can anyone recommend a good agency that I can work with in seeking employment in Singapore?

One that is experienced in dealing with expats would be ideal, however this is not essential.

Postby Guest » Fri, 06 Aug 2004 2:46 pm

Hi

Try this website for a comprehensive list of recruitment agencies

http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/oppor_careers.shtml

Rgds

Re: Recruitment agencies in Singapore?

Postby Guest » Mon, 23 Aug 2004 2:12 pm

Hi,

You may want to contact Garner Asia www.garnerasia.com, I found them to be excellent to deal with.

guest wrote:Hi,
[font=Arial] [/font]
I've been looking for alternative employment in Singapore, and have found the recruitment agencies here quite unprofessional and unwilling to assist. Can anyone recommend a good agency that I can work with in seeking employment in Singapore?

One that is experienced in dealing with expats would be ideal, however this is not essential.

zamorano

job openings in Singapore and Malaysia

Postby zamorano » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 1:24 pm

Can someone recommend some good sources to find a job in singapore in the IT auditing field or financial field.

thank you

Big4

Re: job openings in Singapore and Malaysia

Postby Big4 » Wed, 22 Sep 2004 4:01 pm

zamorano wrote:Can someone recommend some good sources to find a job in singapore in the IT auditing field or financial field.

thank you

Try the Big 4. They are recruiting

recruit

Postby recruit » Thu, 07 Oct 2004 2:38 pm

There is no such thing as a good recruitment firm here and you will really be hard pressed to find a decent one. They all seem to be about the same: you send your CV, and if it's not a perfect match for what they require right then and there, they just give there typical response that your CV has been filed for future use. So basically, they will never take the time again to help you in finding a job. You have to call them on a weekly basis until you bug the hell out of them. Then, and only then, do they really start to work with you.

Good luck to you!

I286

Postby I286 » Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:46 pm

Nobody will do your job better than yourself. Check classifieds, send CV to whatever found and get the result.

skn420

Looking for a job

Postby skn420 » Wed, 13 Oct 2004 2:54 pm

Hi guys!

I am in the Social/Community development field and am keen to find a work, even part time. Any suggestions? Have 7 years of experience.

cheers!

Penny

Postby Penny » Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:17 am

Just want to say many thanks for the recruitment agency recommendations, I am also having difficulties finding an agency who is willing to help me.

Cheers folks!

Peter Kuhn

HR Agencies

Postby Peter Kuhn » Mon, 25 Oct 2004 1:00 am

Seems that most of the so called HR agencies are staffed by ppl who do not have a clue. They certainly do not seem to understand what qualifications or experience means in the way of ability to do the job. The focus appears to be on finding the right peg to fit into the emloyers very narrow and often erroneous assumptions of what they have been told they need.
Looks like an opportunity for setting up a real employee placemement service. Not another "HR Agency".

hobbot

A good list of recruitment agencies in singapore

Postby hobbot » Sun, 31 Oct 2004 5:21 pm

This jobs site in singapore list down a good number of recruitment agencies in singapore

http://www.classijob.com/miscel/RecuitAgency.aspx

there must be more than a hundred of them in this list.

should be good enough