Singapore Expats Forum

SIA air stewardess

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 3:53 pm

sfugel wrote:Yup,sure.....very sure.I am a SQ crew.An experienced senior SQ crew.I didn't login when I entered the forum,but my nick is 'SFUGEL'.


This isn't making any sense since some of the female IFS's I saw were in their 20's which means they couldn't have been employed 18 years, see your PM.

Plavt.

aH`mOOn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 04 May 2006

Postby aH`mOOn » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 7:16 pm

Hihi... I'm currently undergoing training still as cabin crew. From what my instructor has told us, roughly every 3 years, one is allowed to apply for a promotion...

The ranking goes like Stewardess --> Leading Stewardess --> Chief Stewardess --> In flight Supervisoress..

So from a stewardess to an IFS the fastest i guess will be 9 years... :)

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 7:33 pm

Welcome to the board aH`mOOn, that sounds more likely. A lot of what I hear is written in all seriouness by posters but later 'checks' find some statements to be incorrect, really don't know what goes on at times.

Plavt.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Tue, 06 Jun 2006 9:10 pm

Yes, i seen the IFS female crew who is 30 year old.

And once, i saw a very shocking old lady (like Lydia Lum but less fat).

sfugel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 30 Apr 2006

Postby sfugel » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 6:07 am

aH`mOOn wrote:Hihi... I'm currently undergoing training still as cabin crew. From what my instructor has told us, roughly every 3 years, one is allowed to apply for a promotion...

The ranking goes like Stewardess --> Leading Stewardess --> Chief Stewardess --> In flight Supervisoress..

So from a stewardess to an IFS the fastest i guess will be 9 years... :)


Yes you are right 3 years in each rank before you qualify for a next promotion......KEY word here is qualify....please do check with your Instructor the average number of years you actually have to put in to get promoted.Competetion is extremely tough for each subsequent rank,with interview conducted on the 1st rank(Leading) and Written Test AND Interview on the subsequent Chief Steward and Inflight Supervisor Positions)I am here to input only facts with my years of experience and hope this can help those who are considering joining or who have joined and undergoing training and those who just started flying.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 6:48 am

sfugel wrote:
Plavt wrote:
sfugel wrote:They would have to put in a minimum of at least 18 years(on average) to attain the rank.


Are you quite sure? I remember seeing more than one female IFS, several were in their mid 20's. :o

Plavt.



Yup,sure.....very sure.I am a SQ crew.An experienced senior SQ crew.I didn't login when I entered the forum,but my nick is 'SFUGEL'.


If what you say is correct it would mean the female IFS would have to be at least 36, more than one I saw cannot have been that age. Not sure I believe you.

Plavt.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 4:17 am

One logical explanation would be that the IFSs you saw were in their 30's but they look at least 5 years younger? It's magic in the makeup!
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 4:22 am

singaporegrrl wrote:One logical explanation would be that the IFSs you saw were in their 30's but they look at least 5 years younger? It's magic in the makeup!


Yes there is that but one girl who stands out in my mind in particular didn't look more than 33, 35 max (think I have said this somewhere else). If the qualifying time to be an IFS as she was, was 18 years she would have to be at least 36.

Asians always look younger that they are to us and they think I am older than I am. :(

Plavt.

rachelkoh87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 13 May 2006
Contact:

Postby rachelkoh87 » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:47 pm

em im writtng on behalf of my friend, since i know that i couldnt be one of the air stewardess.. too short (155m) haha... is ok
anyway thanks for all the comment.....

my friend is 160m and slim too, but somehow she short sighted.. wearing glasses..
she therefore worry that she will be disqualified because of this, will they take in this matter??

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:55 pm

rachelkoh87 wrote:em im writtng on behalf of my friend, since i know that i couldnt be one of the air stewardess.. too short (155m) haha... is ok
anyway thanks for all the comment.....

my friend is 160m and slim too, but somehow she short sighted.. wearing glasses..
she therefore worry that she will be disqualified because of this, will they take in this matter??


erm...you can replace your specs with contact lenses. Do it. :)

rachelkoh87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 13 May 2006
Contact:

Postby rachelkoh87 » Thu, 08 Jun 2006 2:05 pm

by the way is 157m qualify for the stewardess???

many ppl now looking for it.... haha

anothe friend 157m slim.. infact very slim... how about her.. can she??

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:19 am

rachelkoh87 wrote:by the way is 157m qualify for the stewardess???

many ppl now looking for it.... haha

anothe friend 157m slim.. infact very slim... how about her.. can she??


slim chances? but you can always give it a shot? they would of course measure your height, if you get through then congratulations!
"City of Ang3Ls"

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:42 am

blancD wrote:
rachelkoh87 wrote:by the way is 157m qualify for the stewardess???

many ppl now looking for it.... haha

anothe friend 157m slim.. infact very slim... how about her.. can she??


slim chances? but you can always give it a shot? they would of course measure your height, if you get through then congratulations!


Should you be referring to SIA here then there is one piece of advice worth remembering forget it! Elsewhere in these pages a former stewardess mentions they check your height several times.

However, also in these pages is a girl who has not posted in a long time who was slightly under the height requirement for SIA but was accepted by Tiger. Best thing to do is write and ask. You will in the event save yourself much anguish and disappointment.


Plavt.

Purpurlicious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

reply to me

Postby Purpurlicious » Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:49 am

hey singaporegrrl...mind i wana ask u some qns plzz email me @ kailing22@hotmail.com

hope to hear u soon! :D

wendy_11
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby wendy_11 » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:26 pm

aH`mOOn wrote:Hihi... I'm currently undergoing training still as cabin crew. From what my instructor has told us, roughly every 3 years, one is allowed to apply for a promotion...

The ranking goes like Stewardess --> Leading Stewardess --> Chief Stewardess --> In flight Supervisoress..

So from a stewardess to an IFS the fastest i guess will be 9 years... :)


ahh.. ic. so do i assume tt Chief Stewardess is e highest rank of a FA tt still allows u to fly as per normal, unlike IFS who travel only occassionally?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests