Singapore Expats Forum

what is payslip ???

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

what is payslip ???

Postby fx8fx » Fri, 12 May 2006 6:47 pm

for PR application , " 6 months' payslip is acceptable"

then what is payslip in fact ???

more than 10 years , I never receive any payslip though i get my salary monthly into my bank a/c :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: what is payslip ???

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 May 2006 7:01 pm

fx8fx wrote:for PR application , " 6 months' payslip is acceptable"

then what is payslip in fact ???

more than 10 years , I never receive any payslip though i get my salary monthly into my bank a/c :)


So, how do you know that the amount deposited into your bank account is correct? How much do you have deducted monthly for CPF, How many days of accured leave have you got, how much employers contributions have been made on your behalf?

Something a bit strange there, do you work for a mom & pop provision shop?

We provide payslips for both GIRO accounts holders and cash paid employees as do most reputable employers

sms

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 12 May 2006 9:37 pm

I've also never had a payslip . . .
......................................................

'nuff said Image

User avatar
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Location: Simei
Contact:

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 12 May 2006 11:55 pm

Life sans-payslip? :o
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby fx8fx » Sat, 13 May 2006 3:36 am

any foreign employer here ? esp US based
do you have any sample for such payslip ?

tks

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Sat, 13 May 2006 10:30 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Life sans-payslip? :o


:) I should qualify - not in Singapore
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Sat, 13 May 2006 10:43 pm

I've had one of those pay (that) slips before.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

User avatar
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Location: Simei
Contact:

Postby riversandlakes » Sun, 14 May 2006 3:33 am

Well I found how important they are getting the SPR...

Firm won't help with Annex A, so I informed them anyway and provided 6 months' payslip.

Now in anticipation of their refusal/sitting on form EP152, I'm to provide 2 new payslips in addition to the 4 previous ones.

As if they enabled me these freedom to take charge of my new life here in Singapore! :twisted:

Don't you slipless (hehe) guys need it for credit cards?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.

But the world is full of fluffier ones.

User avatar
Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue, 25 Oct 2005

Postby Quasimodo » Sun, 14 May 2006 2:21 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Well I found how important they are getting the SPR...

Firm won't help with Annex A, so I informed them anyway and provided 6 months' payslip.

Now in anticipation of their refusal/sitting on form EP152, I'm to provide 2 new payslips in addition to the 4 previous ones.

As if they enabled me these freedom to take charge of my new life here in Singapore! :twisted:

Don't you slipless (hehe) guys need it for credit cards?


Nah, I write my own reference.

Slipless? In this heat and humidity boxers are better, though bulkier.
One in the hand is worth two of something

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Postby fx8fx » Sun, 14 May 2006 7:55 pm

riversandlakes wrote:Well I found how important they are getting the SPR...

Firm won't help with Annex A, so I informed them anyway and provided 6 months' payslip.

Now in anticipation of their refusal/sitting on form EP152, I'm to provide 2 new payslips in addition to the 4 previous ones.

As if they enabled me these freedom to take charge of my new life here in Singapore! :twisted:

Don't you slipless (hehe) guys need it for credit cards?


Hi Riversandlakes, or whom might help,

would you please help attach a scanning copy of such payslip for me as a sample ? I will ask my company issue such payslip since next month to meet this SG rule :p

Tks.

fx8fx
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005

Re: what is payslip ???

Postby fx8fx » Mon, 15 May 2006 6:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
fx8fx wrote:for PR application , " 6 months' payslip is acceptable"

then what is payslip in fact ???

more than 10 years , I never receive any payslip though i get my salary monthly into my bank a/c :)


So, how do you know that the amount deposited into your bank account is correct? How much do you have deducted monthly for CPF, How many days of accured leave have you got, how much employers contributions have been made on your behalf?

Something a bit strange there, do you work for a mom & pop provision shop?

We provide payslips for both GIRO accounts holders and cash paid employees as do most reputable employers

sms


payslip is a practice of commonwealth countries , you can not dream all of countries have to follow queen's ass :shock:

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: what is payslip ???

Postby Plavt » Mon, 15 May 2006 6:51 pm

fx8fx wrote:
payslip is a practice of commonwealth countries , you can not dream all of countries have to follow queen's ass :shock:



I doubt if this has anything to with a country being in a commonwealth. Any employer should provide you with a record of deductions. I don't know from where you originate but here in the UK should you have to claim state or housing benefit one of the first things asked for is a record of one's earnings for the last three months. With respect it would seem you have been a little complacent, very easy to become so when you have a regular income.

Plavt.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 May 2006 6:57 pm

I have been working for over 43 years now. Every company I've ever worked for both in the US or US companies here in Singapore up to 1992 and Singapore companies subsequently have always provided monthly payslips which would show, amoung other things, gross salary, overtime if any, leave pay or allotments, fica taxes/ss taxes, Federal & State withholding taxes, cpf, or other contributions such as Pension funds, etc.

Most, if not all, commercial computerized payroll packages produce payroll slips.

User avatar
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri, 22 Jul 2005
Location: Simei
Contact:

Postby riversandlakes » Tue, 16 May 2006 1:22 am

Aah, will this help? In the US they're called paystubs, I thinka?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.

But the world is full of fluffier ones.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests