Singapore Expats Forum

Advice for divorce case

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

carey

Advice for divorce case

Postby carey » Wed, 10 May 2006 7:53 pm

Last edited by carey on Wed, 10 May 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:04 pm

Have your lawyer request a transcript of his bank records... Unless you two have a pre-nup, those funds he transferred are yours too.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:14 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Sat, 20 May 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Postby carey » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:20 pm

Well 4gotten to inform- he is actually a veri cunning person! Tat's Y it's really drives me crazy!

Ya Indeed my lawyer had already asked for his bank statement but he had already do something to it beforehand. All his cash in will be deposit into his "girlfriends" account he will only deposit in the exact amount that he need to deduct his bills!

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:27 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Sat, 20 May 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:27 pm

You need to prove that he's diverting funds.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:32 pm

Last edited by dot dot dot on Sat, 20 May 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:41 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Bremen, forget advice on details, you will get a 1000 new questions in return, this topic is unsolvable.

All lawyers here know how to react on eachother (you really think they have not come up with this advice of yours?), but it's a game they love to play, family law and divorces are their favorite games. They laugh themsleves to death, they are the ones making money from this business. And the divorcees get frustrated.

I'd vote for any party who puts lawyers here in jail for a lifetime if they cannot get a divorce case done within 3 months.

Eric

Or, just place the husband, the "girlfriend" and the wife in the same room... and give the wife a baseball bat and 10 minutes. :D

- Terry Pratchett

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Wed, 10 May 2006 8:44 pm

Bremen wrote:You need to prove that he's diverting funds.

He may be cunning - and I hesitate to condemn the man quickly as I have been in his situation and there are always two sides toa story - but bank records are kept for a verrrrrrry long time. One of the advantages of the IT world.

If he has been diverting funds then it can be proven.

Ya Indeed my lawyer had already asked for his bank statement but he had already do something to it beforehand. All his cash in will be deposit into his "girlfriends" account he will only deposit in the exact amount that he need to deduct his bills!

doesn't sound right.

I'd agree with Eric - let it drop and get on with your life. If he is as bad as you say and you believe in karma then he will end up with a horny gorilla as his bedmate inn perpetuity.

'nuff said Image