Singapore Expats Forum

Signs that warn they're losing interest!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Signs that warn they're losing interest!

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 08 May 2006 4:12 pm

I was chatting with the girls last Saturday night when we were out and the conversation got around to....

'What are the signs that he's losing interest?'

We had the usual stuff, you know, not returning phone calls as quickly as he used to, and taking you a bit for granted....etc etc....(This applies to the guys from the girls too...)

But, strangely, they all came up with this one.....I'd not thought about it, not being single, but they swear this one is an indication....

When emails used to fly back and fore.....each with a new topic heading in the address bar.....

When the mails still come, but more slowly, and they just have the Re:- Whatever you sent him last, subject on.......Apparently if he keeps doing this and doesn't take the energy to even put a new subject there, it's curtains..... :o

Strange ....these new perceptions of his/her boredom....

What do you think? And what do you think's a dead giveaway that he/she's going off you? (Not the obvious turns up with lovebite on neck, or they move away and don't tell you!!! :D )
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:15 pm

I guess this is just another sign of how cyberspace takes over our lives...being said that I would not say that not changing the subject is 100% true that you are loosing interest in someone.

I mean you have to see the full context, are the e-mails going back and forth on the same topic, hence no need to change subject.

Before relocating to Singapore I broke up with my girlfriend, I guess we both lost interest in each other and what happened to e-mails is that there were much more frequent than they were at the end and how to say...with more lovely words both on introduction and closing, at the end they were just plain messages to say something rather than an excuse to say something nice.

Well, that's just the humble opinion of a newbie :roll:

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:20 pm

Welcome CFMX......and I agree with what you say.

It's funny though, isn't it, how we pretend to ourselves that things are how we want them to be?

I think we can convince ourselves that black is white in relationships if that's what we want to see. And then, on the other hand, we're so perceptive with other peoples' relationships.

How many times have you thought, 'Oh, he's (she's) leading them on, and it's obvious this guy (girl) is not interested if they do, this that or the other.' Easy, isn't it, to suss a situation if we have no emotional input into it?

Ah life, and our defense mechanisms.

Dylan Thomas.

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:38 pm

Mmm, interesting topic....

My thought...could it be that if you are looking for that many signs you already know deep inside that it's the end and just want to admit it to yourself.

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:39 pm

Hey, good point Em Eye, going to think about that one and get back to you.....

Dylan Thomas.

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:53 pm

Em Eye, I'm with you 100% on that one...I mean no matter how much you hide it deep in your heart, it's something you just know when the end is coming.

I mean it did happen with my ex, I just suddenly knew it was winding down and the end was close...I knew I loved her very much and thought she was the one but like a month before I knew the end was close, the question was more as of how was it going to happen and she finally took the first step :cry:

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 08 May 2006 5:54 pm

A interesting dating fact (I was given a few dating books when I broke up a few months ago). These books say old school dating rules are coming back. Never make the first move, never call a man, never pay on a date, never dominate a conversation - always steer it back to the man, show your vulnerable side on the first date. I flipped through these books as I think it's a load of cr*p. What happened to being yourself? My question is if people are playing these games during dating what happens when the real you comes out?

The other question is why do single girls torture themselves and others with these books? The only decent book is "He's just not that into you"

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Mon, 08 May 2006 6:14 pm

Honestly, I will not pay a lot of attention to books in this topic...I don't know I just think Love is the only thing in which there are no written rules.

I mean I would say that if you are a nice guy who treats women respectfully, devote all your time and love to a relationship just to find out that they will end up saying you are boring, to traditional, etc. and they prefer the guy that treats them poorly or are just jerks with them...I guess it's easier to get someone to go after you when you treat them bad because it becomes some sort of "challenge".

And I know it won't be long before someone replies saying it's not true, that women like the gentlemen and nice guys but so far I usually see the girls are more into jerks...again just my opinion on how it's been for me so far and probably being to hard as I broke up some months ago.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Mon, 08 May 2006 6:24 pm

hi comingfromMX,

sorry to hear about your recent break-up. words fail me here as when i myself go through a break up the best-intentioned consolation and advice doesn't help much. hope you have friends to help you through this.

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Mon, 08 May 2006 6:50 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:hi comingfromMX,

sorry to hear about your recent break-up. words fail me here as when i myself go through a break up the best-intentioned consolation and advice doesn't help much. hope you have friends to help you through this.

Welcome comingfromMX!!

This forum will take your mind off it :)

As for signs.... when he\she doesnt make time for you and always has excuses.

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Mon, 08 May 2006 10:26 pm

Thanks Wind in My Hair and Kats_ I do really need to stop thinking about her!!! not even +26K km have taken my mind of, but I'm working hard on it.

Sorry I have taken Bubbles topic into a brokenhearted chat :wink:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 08 May 2006 11:28 pm

comingfromMX wrote:Thanks Wind in My Hair and Kats_ I do really need to stop thinking about her!!! not even +26K km have taken my mind of, but I'm working hard on it.

Sorry I have taken Bubbles topic into a brokenhearted chat :wink:

:console: ... me need some TLC too... *sighs*

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 09 May 2006 1:03 am

To CFMX and Wolfie, and everyone else who's down.....

:console:

:) :) :)

Dylan Thomas.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:13 am

Thanks Bubbs... :love: I slept more than my usual 4 hours... now I'm sleepy... aaaaaa.... I'm at work!!!!

WAKE UP ! Oh by the way, had Russian food again last night... :) Yummy... :)

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue, 09 May 2006 9:22 am

madwolfie wrote:Thanks Bubbs... :love: I slept more than my usual 4 hours... now I'm sleepy... aaaaaa.... I'm at work!!!!

WAKE UP ! Oh by the way, had Russian food again last night... :) Yummy... :)

You mean Vodka?

:-#
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant