Singapore Expats Forum

Moving Goods from Singapore to Australia

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

redskyfire

Moving Goods from Singapore to Australia

Postby redskyfire » Mon, 08 May 2006 11:26 am

Hi,

I am relocating back to Australia, and have a number of low volume, high weight items (e.g. amplifier, DVD player, computer, DVDS, CDs) taht does not make it practical to get a container for.

Please respond URGENTLY if you have shared a container, would like to share (by volume proportion), if you have spare room (I need about 4 x 2 x 1 metre!), if you know of people who have shared, or if you have found reasonably priced transport options for heavy items.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Mon, 08 May 2006 12:12 pm

I suggest that you get hold of a clearing agent that offers a groupage service.They will price you according to the volume you take up in your case that is 8 CBM (cubic meters) in the clearing world that will cost you the same as shipping 8 tons.They Charges on a one to one ratio so they say weight vs volume and charge you the higher.To be honest your items are not really heavy its more the amount of volume you requesting.I would try DHL,EXEL,Expetitors these are the biggest names I know of.They are highly likely to have agents in AUS as well so it make the process easier. :wink:
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?

redskyfire

Thanks but still need help

Postby redskyfire » Mon, 08 May 2006 2:27 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately DHL etc. charge the GREATER of volume vs. weight for packages, the volumetric weight is only 3 kgs for my amplifier, but the actual weight is close to 25kgs, hence ideally I need a volume solution. For example, I love my amp but it's not worth 300 AUD to send back.

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Mon, 08 May 2006 4:53 pm

if it all work out to much to send it back then just sell it? :wink: As a note i just moved here so i might be interested in buying LOL
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?