Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on tour package.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

nuren

Advice on tour package.

Postby nuren » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:42 am

I am planning to travel Eurpoe this june and had went to find out on the tour packages. 12D tour covering switzerland, paris and france will cause me ard $4k per pax inclusive of the taxes. And as for 16D day is only $4500 inclusive taxes. Just wanna to know which package is better. since like 16d is more worth it. but cover on Italy and belgium and Holland.. which dun i dun really fantasy .. 12d tour cover 4 day in switzerland which the agencies said very nice scenery .

Some said 16d too rush wherea some said is alright.

Any advice which package to take up.

thksss..

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:19 pm

which dun i dun really fantasy
:???: Is a double negative a positive?

nuren, if you dun (sis) fantasy (sic) Italy, Holland etc . . then take the first choice - two countries (Paris is in France) in that time is not too bad.
Last edited by Vaucluse on Sun, 07 May 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:19 pm

Nuren,

Don't know if anybody here will be able to help you much. Possibly some of our local member though.

I find that most expats don't usually do tours unless they are retired or some with families I guess. Most are more likely to plan their own itineraries so they can see what they want when they want and leave out the bits that don't interest them. As Tours are big in Asia in general you might want to find a board or thread that contains a high percentage of asians to get a better variety of answers.

Wish I could be more help but have never been on a package tour in my life.

sms

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:20 pm

Vaucluse wrote:

nuren, if you dun (sis) fantasy (sic) Italy, Holland etc . . then take the first choice - two countries (Pairs is in France) in that time is not too bad.

My friend, you should write Pairs ARE in France. :wink:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:23 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Vaucluse wrote:

nuren, if you dun (sis) fantasy (sic) Italy, Holland etc . . then take the first choice - two countries (Paris is in France) in that time is not too bad.

My friend, you should write Paris ARE in France. :wink:

I have no idea what you are talking about O:)

'nuff said Image

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:26 pm

:tongue:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:26 pm

Nuren, I am not trying to criticise your English. As all the posts point out, could you kindly take some care when writing? I find it hard to understand your message amidst all these distractions. And I do not feel inclined to help you out bacause of this reason.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 12:39 pm

Carpe Diem wrote::tongue:

:lol:

(The wonders of 'edit'!)

earthfriendly, you will now get a reprimand from SMS about harranguing newbies! :wink:

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:01 pm

Vaucluse, SMS does have a point though. The reason I refrain from picking on these peoples style, be it SMS or singlish, is that it may actually be the only way they communicate. They may not, in their honest heart, be aware of how unnerving it can be for other people reading it. And it may actually be the only style they know how.

SMS writing bothers me a lot. Maybe I am not used to it and find it hard to understand. Sigh. Time for me to move with the time, I guess. :wink: .

The standard of spoken and writen English, Mandarin or anything is just going downhill. Simply dreadful. People are not too mindful of how they communicate or their actions, it seems.

It really makes me wonder where does SG get its school language teachers. What are the criterias or pre-requisite they use? Do you need to know broken English, Singlish or SMS in order to teach? Shudder..........
Last edited by earthfriendly on Sun, 07 May 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:14 pm

nuren,

It's true your writing style makes it hard to understand exactly what you are asking. It's my guess that SMS is right on this one, most of the expats here do not take packaged tour trips like you describe. My advice, is if this is the way you want to go -- and if you can afford it, take as long as a trip as you can and still have a few days left of vacation time to settle back in at home.

MHB

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 1:28 pm

EF,

Methinks that V was completely Image here. Check out his emoticon. :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:22 pm

nuren,

what do you want out of this holiday? once you know what you want, then just go for the best deal on that. no point going on a tour you don't really want to just because it offers better value for money. and if you're not sure what you want, then either one will do, no need to spend too much energy on making the choice. have fun whatever you decide!

ps: don't worry about some posters not understanding your post. many here have a limited command of the english language and only understand one version of it. :wink:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sun, 07 May 2006 2:44 pm

Either 12 days for the sum of 4k S$, with the emphasis on Switzerland and an additional bit of France and Paris, or a 16 day package for the sum of 4.5k S$, including Belgium, Holland and Italy.

That's the choice here, am I right?

I have heard from quite a few Singaporeans about these offered package tours and based on their experiences and also on my own experiences on travelling and living in Europe, I would suggest to not travel too much when doing these tours, meaning you should get a good map of Europe, then see what cities and highlights they will cover in the tours.

Distances are quite big in Europe, and although the infrastructure is superb in most countries, it will still be a long travelling for example from Italy to Holland (at least 15 hours by tourbus from Milan to Amsterdam, or 20 to 22 hours from Rome to Amsterdam).

12 days concnetrating on Switzerland and Paris to me looks much more interesting than 16 days with Holland, Belgium and Italy added.

For us Europeans it is always hard to imagine people do take such package tours, as a country like Italy is already worth a trip of at least 4 weeks itself.

These package tours are going from one highlight to the other, whereas the beauty of Europe is to breathe it without having to run around from one Eiffel tower to the other Parthenon or Acropolis.

So in short (ahum...) my advic would be, do the 12 days Switzerland tour and enjoy the stunning lanscape there, it will give you much more enjoyment than having to sit in a tourbus for days on a row, crossing the whole of Europe.

Eric

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 3:04 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
So in short (ahum...) my advic would be, do the 12 days Switzerland tour and enjoy the stunning lanscape there, it will give you much more enjoyment than having to sit in a tourbus for days on a row, crossing the whole of Europe.

Eric

Would have been my thought as well but never having taken one nor been to europe would not commit for fear of Image disease.

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 3:06 pm

Never stoped you before, SMS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'nuff said Image