Singapore Expats Forum

Qatar Airways

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Deshi
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 22 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Re: Qatar Airways

Postby Deshi » Thu, 11 May 2006 9:46 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:
Deshi wrote:
Hopeful guy wrote:
Matt10 wrote:Qatar Airwaysis having an interview for female applicants this Saturday at Hilton Hotel. It is a walk-in interview if i'm not wrong. :D


Are you sure its for female only? It didnt state any gender preference. It only states Cabin Crew. If it is, then how come I was shortlisted and invited to attend their open day? From what I know, open days are information session where you (male and female) got to hand in your resume which can open doors for a further interview if selected. Am I rite?
I hope I am because I don't wanna caught in a situation where I attend and only to discover they have mistakenly invited me when its only for ladies this time round. :p

Anyone can confirm?


Hey Buddy. dont worry. its for male too. cos i also received an invitation and i happen to be a male. so see you there.....


Cool!...see u there, Deshi.




Hey hopeful guy, my name is manoj, not deshi. deshi is my gf. i using her ID.. haha.... so see u there.. anyway its just for experience sake, if didnt get, its ok, but really wish you all the best......

User avatar
caris
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri, 10 Mar 2006

Postby caris » Sat, 13 May 2006 1:23 am

Hi,


Do they accept walk-in? I juz applied online so i if i'm being selected, they won't b able to send me e invitation in time.. I need to get myself prepare if they allow walk-ins or shld i juz wait coz their online application ends on 31 May..

User avatar
sass&bide
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006
Location: Sg

Postby sass&bide » Sat, 13 May 2006 3:21 am

caris wrote:Hi,


Do they accept walk-in? I juz applied online so i if i'm being selected, they won't b able to send me e invitation in time.. I need to get myself prepare if they allow walk-ins or shld i juz wait coz their online application ends on 31 May..

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi,

The last time i went for Qatar's open day(last year Sept), it went like this:

- Start at 9am sharp, latecomers will NOT be entertained.
- Video presentation
- Q & A
- Submission of resume
- Ask to leave/hang around
- Wait for their phone call, you will receive phonecall if shortlisted at the end of the day, say 4-5pm
- Once shortlisted, you will go for the next 2 interviews, which is split into 2 days (once again, if u r shortlisted again for latter)

All in all, it ends roughly at 12 noon.

Hope it helps.

~Yazzy~
chai ching wrote:yup you can also just walk in. although it say that we need to apply online first then get their invitation. but their advertisement say its a open day interview only. so its all right to walk in. there are many peoples who also didnt apply and they just walk in.

coldlass wrote:hmm i want to go! can i just walk in like that?? or do i have to submit online?


U probably missed the previous posts..
Better go prepare if u'r still awake.. remember to be punctual. :wink:
I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
When the city sleeps and I’m the only one
And I walk alone..

oceanmist
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed, 26 Apr 2006
Contact:

Postby oceanmist » Sat, 13 May 2006 7:44 pm

Hihi anyone went for the walk-in today?

How did it go?

coldlass
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri, 24 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby coldlass » Sat, 13 May 2006 8:03 pm

hmmm until now stil no calls frm them... no hope

User avatar
Hopeful guy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2005

hopeless

Postby Hopeful guy » Sat, 13 May 2006 11:17 pm

hmm... no calls from them. No hope for me...again. :cry:
Anyone received call for tomorrow's interview?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: hopeless

Postby chai ching » Sat, 13 May 2006 11:29 pm

Hi,

its you again. nope.... me also no hope for me too. whole day didnt receive their call at all too. sigh........ a bit sad. :-|

Hopeful guy wrote:hmm... no calls from them. No hope for me...again. :cry:
Anyone received call for tomorrow's interview?

User avatar
Mel Jan
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed, 19 Apr 2006
Location: North Bridge Road

Postby Mel Jan » Mon, 15 May 2006 9:57 am

How was the number of ppl who came for the interview? Was it crowded?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Mon, 15 May 2006 10:15 am

Wow.... yes. of course its very crowded and not only that, quite a number of peoples attending for the walk in interview. Especially when its going to be 0900 am or exactly at 0900 a.m. sharp. Peoples start to come in one short time. Can also say that all of the seats are almost occupy.

Mel Jan wrote:How was the number of ppl who came for the interview? Was it crowded?

Deshi
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun, 22 Jan 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby Deshi » Tue, 23 May 2006 8:17 am

hey i was just wondering if anybody here is waiting for their email for last process of the interview..i mean if your selected or not they will still email you.. but is there anyone here is waiting for it :?

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 27 May 2006 12:59 am

from the 3000 - 5000 expected retrenched employees of MAS, AirAsia(a malaysian budget airline) and Qatar airways will be absorbing 1000 of the retrenched employees each into their company
"City of Ang3Ls"

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 27 May 2006 10:26 am

blancD wrote:from the 3000 - 5000 expected retrenched employees of MAS, AirAsia(a malaysian budget airline) and Qatar airways will be absorbing 1000 of the retrenched employees each into their company


You mean all different positions or just the cabin crew? Those selected must be thankful because they get to fly with a good airline.

User avatar
blancD
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat, 25 Feb 2006

Postby blancD » Sat, 27 May 2006 3:59 pm

as i understand its the cabin crew, but 1000 is a huge amount to take in.
i think most MAS cabin crews will be retrenched as they've cut alot of direct flights. So it fits in the situation that Qatar will be absorbing 1000 cabin crews? Not too sure about that though, I shall get back to you if I obtain further information
"City of Ang3Ls"

slowjaxx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 07 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby slowjaxx » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:40 pm

Yazzyyaz wrote:Hi,

The last time i went for Qatar's open day(last year Sept), it went like this:

- Start at 9am sharp, latecomers will NOT be entertained.
- Video presentation
- Q & A
- Submission of resume
- Ask to leave/hang around
- Wait for their phone call, you will receive phonecall if shortlisted at the end of the day, say 4-5pm
- Once shortlisted, you will go for the next 2 interviews, which is split into 2 days (once again, if u r shortlisted again for latter)

All in all, it ends roughly at 12 noon.

Hope it helps.

~Yazzy~


Hi Yazzy..did you go for the QR interview.Msg me back.Thanks

Cranbelly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 08 Jun 2006

Postby Cranbelly » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 6:30 pm

Hi,

does anyone noe how does Qatar recruit cain crew?
is it thru website or wad?

tks..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests