Singapore Expats Forum

Indian Hyderabadi!!! flying to singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

123kalyan123

Indian Hyderabadi!!! flying to singapore

Postby 123kalyan123 » Fri, 05 May 2006 10:36 am

Hello Guys
I am a graduate from India(Hyderabad), did MBA and PGDBM from a private college in CANADA, TORONTO from 2003 SEP to 2005 OCT, wanna live and work in singapore, I have four yrs of experience in IT field. Now I am in India upgrading my skills in ABAP (SAP)with a LIVE PROJECT, I will be ready with the certificate with in 10 weeks from now. I will be very glad if you guys guide me about EP,how much will it cost, i heard we got to deposit 3000$ is it true.how is life in singapore for Indians.are they well treated. What should be my first step. or mail me at kc_gudipati@rediffmail.com.

thanks in advance

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 05 May 2006 10:54 am

You cannot buy an EP

'nuff said Image

123kalyan123

Indian, Hyderabadi

Postby 123kalyan123 » Fri, 05 May 2006 12:10 pm

Sir, Thanx for the reply, I know I cannot buy the workpermits or Visas,
i was asking the procedure for EP, the cost for applying for it. i am asking the cost of the applications fees, visa fees, is there any deposit for EP's, can i apply for PR. please describe it.

thanx

123kalyan123

indian, hyderabadi

Postby 123kalyan123 » Fri, 05 May 2006 12:30 pm

Guys Please Reply, any information may guide me........

PLEASE REPLY

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 05 May 2006 1:43 pm

You should visit http://www.mom.gov.sg/InformationOnEmploymentPass/

There are no costs except when you get your EP approved and they stamp your passport. About S$ 100 if I am correct.

You cannot apply for EP by yourself, you have to find a job first as EP is linked with your job. So usually people find the job first and then the company applies for the EP.

I never heard about the S$ 3000 deposit. Unless you are referring to opening a bank account, many banks will ask you to have S$ 3000 deposit to open your account.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

123kalyan123

Postby 123kalyan123 » Fri, 05 May 2006 2:16 pm

Thank you, sir this comforts me, is it easy to get a job there, as i heard there will be given 6 months Social Visit Visa, to stay and search for a job there.

let me know
thanx in advance

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri, 05 May 2006 2:20 pm

123kalyan123 wrote: is it easy to get a job there

Sorry but I cannot speak for yourself. How easy a job can be found will depend on your qualification, your personality, and of course the market situation.

I think it's time to spend some time by yourself to find out the answers...
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Cool_pink

Postby Cool_pink » Fri, 05 May 2006 2:35 pm

Hi,

Just a peice of advice,I think it is better for you to work and live in Canada as you got your MBA there.You have a good qualification and you will do well in Canada in term of oppurtunities.Singapore is a small place and they prefer to hire local Singaporeans and foreigner is not a priority .

123kalyan123

Postby 123kalyan123 » Fri, 05 May 2006 3:25 pm

Hi cool Pink, thanx for thr advise, I am choosing singaporee caus its a bit near to India, and for some personal issues i wanna come to singapore. please advise.....

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 07 May 2006 8:25 am

123kalyan123 wrote:Hi cool Pink, thanx for thr advise, I am choosing singaporee caus its a bit near to India, and for some personal issues i wanna come to singapore. please advise.....

Please advise on your pesonal issues? It seems you want to be spoonfed, use your MBA skills and do your research.

It is NOT easy to get a job here, you have a small but highly educated population, lots of expats, most of whom were transferred here by their companies.

I am not sure, but I doubt Indian nationals are given a 6 month SVP.

The $3000 is the bankers guarantee the government requires per year from you as relocation fees in case you leave the country with unpaid debts etc . . .

did MBA and PGDBM from a private college

This might not help you. Accredited MBA courses give you an advantage.

As CD mentioned, now it is time for you to use your MBA skills and browse the government websites, recruitment agencies etc . . .

'nuff said Image

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 May 2006 11:36 am

You might want to do some reading here and using the MBA for something more than bragging rights.

Relocating, Moving to Singapore

Often it is better to get information from proper sources than just opinions. The link forum has a heady mix of both.

sms