Singapore Expats Forum

Cheaters win?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 05 May 2006 10:27 am

earthfriendly wrote:Naughty vauclause ! Are we instant messenging or what they call SMS?
:

:lol: Sent you a PM
......................................................

'nuff said Image

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat, 20 Aug 2005

Postby earthfriendly » Fri, 05 May 2006 10:54 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
It's not really fair to asume that people who are vain and obsessed with their looks are not capable of goodness, or is it?


Yes indeed. That's my beef with some of the posts that ridicule the CS thread. I do not tolerate bullying behaviours very well. I do not advocate head-to-toe CS to cure one's ills in life. Looking inwardly and trying to find out the root cause is very important. But then again, a little enhancement, if done prudently, can do wonders to one's life.

I had lasik done and it is so liberating not to have to wear eyeglasses again. I am able to accessorise with scarves and hat now. When you are short and bespectacled, you do not want to overload.

I dabbled with my mom's and sisters' cosmetic since 10 years old. I have always love cosmetic, clothes and fashion. Do I come across as an airhead or mean?

Vaucluse wrote:
I'd still like to hear from parents of these women, and their view on how their children don't like their genes, i.e. their genetic make-up.


Fruits, the lot of them.


If it has to come down to that, it is indeed sad. But then I say, perhaps we have to keep up with time. You come across as old-fashioned (no offence intended :mrgreen: ) and using this line of logic, you will not "win" the girls over with your argument. It reminds me of my mom. She was strict and forbid me to have long hair or experiment with makeup when I was young. Her rational was I should act like a girl (mommy's image of her girl) of my age. Her image of me is to be pure, simple, innocent and unadulterated. One can be so wrong about one's daughter :mrgreen:.

User avatar
Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu, 06 Oct 2005
Location: Bedford Falls

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Fri, 05 May 2006 11:12 am

Regarding most of the posters on the CS thread: Here is my two cents:

**If any of them were my children, I would feel I have failed as a parent

**Because they write in godawful SMS language they sound dumb, even though they may not be

**they approach the idea as the only solution, rather than the last resort

** no one seems to be concerned with their health or the long term consequences

**you could argue that an person hellbent on weight loss that chooses a pill over diet and exercise is a cheater!

User avatar
Vaucluse
Director
Director
Posts: 3443
Joined: Sun, 10 Jul 2005

Postby Vaucluse » Fri, 05 May 2006 11:49 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Regarding most of the posters on the CS thread: Here is my two cents:

**If any of them were my children, I would feel I have failed as a parent
Correct, sadly so

**Because they write in godawful SMS language they sound dumb, even though they may not be
Dey r dum

**they approach the idea as the only solution, rather than the last resort
See above . . .


** no one seems to be concerned with their health or the long term consequences
[b]As above . . . [/b]


Oops, forgot:

:P :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
......................................................



'nuff said Image

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Fri, 05 May 2006 11:53 am

Cheaters win...

but karma's a b*tch :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Fri, 05 May 2006 11:56 am

Vaucluse wrote:
earthfriendly wrote:This can also be seen right here at Silicon Valley when the stakes are high. I do not enjoy working and living in vulture-like environment. Can’t wait to leave the area.


OI! :mad:


You work in Bangkok, EF?

You'll have plenty of friends in the PS thread :P
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests