Singapore Expats

Large Shoe Sizes - women's 42?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
AlmostDutch

Large Shoe Sizes - women's 42?

Post by AlmostDutch » Thu, 04 May 2006 11:45 am

New to Singapore - I hope someone can help - I have a friend visiting during the sale and she wants to buy shoes. Problem - she takes a size 42, anyone know anywhere they stock this? Not the biggest problem you could have I guess but help would be appreciated.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:34 pm

Not sure why someone would come to Singapore to buy shoes in a 42?? I have trouble and my feet are much smaller. You can try Ziegler shoes at Tanglin Shopping Centre, they carry larger sizes.

Florian
Regular
Regular

great..

Post by Florian » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:37 pm

How smart 2 say....I hv a friend... :D

I like elephants....lalalalalalalalalalalala

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Re: great..

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:44 pm

Florian wrote:How smart 2 say....I hv a friend... :D

I like elephants....lalalalalalalalalalalala
I have no idea what this means...

AlmostDutch

Post by AlmostDutch » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:06 pm

Thanks for the tip - she's not coming just to buyshoes, I've said how many I've bought you see...so she wants to buy some too. I'm not a great big footed elephant so I don't have problems. But I could introduce her to Florian if he wants (assume you are a he?).

Florian
Regular
Regular

Hahaha

Post by Florian » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:28 pm

Oh,I am fine...Thx...

I don't like Europeans... :lol:

Sorry,my comment was juz silly..it was so boring this morning...

Hope 4 ur understanding!

bye bye

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Loops » Thu, 04 May 2006 3:12 pm

I don't know how much she is planning on spending, but there is a little Peranakan shop down East Coast Rd and when I was in there once I'm sure they said they could make them especially for people with bigger feet.

I think this was the place:

http://www.rumahbebe.com

The day I went in there I also walked up Joo Chiat Rd to Geylang Serai and they had big shoes up there too so you could incorporate a bit of sightseeing with a bit of shoe shopping.

AlmostDutch

Post by AlmostDutch » Thu, 04 May 2006 3:43 pm

That looks great...will for sure visit them. Thank you! The perfect excuse - "we're sightseeing, just happens to be in a shop with traditonal shoes...."

aphrodite

Post by aphrodite » Thu, 04 May 2006 11:21 pm

i think quite a number of shops carry size 42 cuz my size is around there and i normally ask for the biggest the shop has. However, there are some that do not have.

I'm trying to buy sports shoes too but i cant find my size. Wanted to buy nike ones but the largest they had is size 9 for womens which i cant fit comfortably into it and they told me to buy men's but i dun really like the designs. So anyone here noes if there are any sports shop carrying larger sizs for women's designs? i've tried sportslink and RSH.

sassette

large shoe sizes

Post by sassette » Wed, 17 May 2006 8:06 pm

Hi there - I have a size 41/42 and thought that finding shoes would be impossible in Singapore and I'd simply have to fly back home when wanting to buy some ... BUT, I found really nice shoes at Takashimaya, a stand called Cole Haan. Not cheap admittedly but they are super nice. I would think most of the international brands there have big sizes.

Hosmoochie

Re: Large Shoe Sizes - women's 42?

Post by Hosmoochie » Sun, 02 Sep 2018 2:05 am

Try Palola, they make up to Eu size 46.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:53 am

My feet are a size 44 so you can only imagine what a nightmare it is to go shoe shopping. I’ve given up, I now turn to online retailers who tend to stock larger sizes.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:03 am

You can try the shoe departments in the malls ie: Isetan, Takashimaya, Metro. I have pretty big feet too, and I know they usually carry up to 40+ sizes.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)