Singapore Expats Forum

Newbie gives out a holla!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Retardedly_Cute

Newbie gives out a holla!

Postby Retardedly_Cute » Wed, 03 May 2006 3:36 pm

Hi all, I'm new here. Like as new as a new pair of boots kinda new! Well not really that new ... but I've been in Singapore close to a month now :P! Just decided to say hi here & get myself noticed. Had the sudden urge to give out a shout out on tellin ppl I'm alive, LOL! I do hope my stay here will be welcomed!
- Jacky ~_~ -

comingfromMX

Postby comingfromMX » Wed, 03 May 2006 5:43 pm

Hola!!

and Welcome, I've also been in SG for over a month now, I guess it will take no time that everyone post a reply and welcomes you.

I'm not a regular when it comes to posting but I've find some good information by reading around. Send me a Private Message if there's something I can help you with as it's easier for me to get those.

Cheers!!

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Wed, 03 May 2006 5:50 pm

Helooooo :wave: Been here 2 week now so if you pm you can show me around LOL :wink:
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:09 pm

Hi there, hey here, ho where? :)

Welcome! :)

Jun
Editor
Editor

Postby Jun » Wed, 03 May 2006 6:11 pm

madwolfie wrote:Hi there, hey here, ho where? :)

Maddie.....don't bite them ya :D
Happiness is a daily decision.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 04 May 2006 8:43 am

Does any one else find the original poster's name and avatar to be a little offensive?

Retardedly_Cute

Thanks!

Postby Retardedly_Cute » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:07 am

Hello again everyone!

1st-ly : Sorry Mary if you've found my nick abit offending. I then to get that alot & please don't be misunderstood by it, I don't mean any harm.

People take it as a funny joke b'cos that's exactly how I got my nick in a chat room 1 day w/ some fellow chatters because of something silly that happened. - There's just some sentimental value to this nick so that's why I tend to use it alot, that's all.

If you really feel uncomfortable w/ it, I'll change it. Just tell me so,ok? :).

To the rest of you guys that said hi back & told me how long you've been here! That really made me feel like a freshman again. LOL!

Everyone seems so new I feel like we should do something & get lost & pretend it's orientation week again ... (Joking :P!)

Sadly despite being almost 1 month here, I've no sense of life b'cos it's been exchanged for a yuppie wannabe lifestyle. - Please! Somebody tell me there's life beyond the office & MRT's!

So where's everyone from anyways? Care to do a little 411 or ASL for ol' times sake?
- Jacky ~_~ -

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:12 am

Jun wrote:
madwolfie wrote:Hi there, hey here, ho where? :)

Maddie.....don't bite them ya :D

I have been pretty good these days :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:26 am

It's okay, Retardedly_Cute, your nick I mean. As nobody on this forum is very PC anyway, I think you will fit right in. I especiallly like your 'tar!

Welcome aboard.

sms

Florian
Regular
Regular

Hell yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Postby Florian » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:33 pm

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Whateva....

BearHug
Regular
Regular

Am new here too..

Postby BearHug » Thu, 04 May 2006 1:45 pm

Hi ppl...hope my presence is welcome too. :lol:

TheTimeIsAlwaysRightToDoWhatIsRight. Image

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Re: Thanks!

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 04 May 2006 2:51 pm

Retardedly_Cute wrote:Hello again everyone!

1st-ly : Sorry Mary if you've found my nick abit offending. I then to get that alot & please don't be misunderstood by it, I don't mean any harm.

People take it as a funny joke b'cos that's exactly how I got my nick in a chat room 1 day w/ some fellow chatters because of something silly that happened. - There's just some sentimental value to this nick so that's why I tend to use it alot, that's all.

No need to change on my account, but if you get that reaction a lot --makes me think the image your throwing out into cyberspace may need re-engineering. The forum is big enough for both of us, no need to change just for me. Just hope the parents/siblings/grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins/caregivers/teachers/friends of people with learning difficulties stay clear as well. :roll:

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:01 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

No need to change on my account, but if you get that reaction a lot --makes me think the image your throwing out into cyberspace may need re-engineering. The forum is big enough for both of us, no need to change just for me. Just hope the parents/siblings/grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins/caregivers/teachers/friends of people with learning difficulties stay clear as well. :roll:

You would prefer he changes his nick to "blond"?
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:06 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:

You would prefer he changes his nick to "blond"?

He? I thought it was a she...

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Postby Carpe Diem » Thu, 04 May 2006 4:17 pm

OK, blonde then.
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant