Travelling in Bali

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
serendipity
Regular
Regular

Travelling in Bali

Post by serendipity » Mon, 01 May 2006 9:42 pm

Any tips where to go in Bali for a first-timer?
And more importantly if you heard of any promotions for the flight!
Cheers in advance!

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Bonbon » Mon, 01 May 2006 10:04 pm

hahah was actualy going to ask you serendipity, thought you would know better :)

was thinking to go to bali for diving during the vasak weekend, currently the cheapest i can find is $260 inclu of gst, but i'm sure if you travel during the non peak season you can get it cheaper..

:)

Zuex

Bali

Post by Zuex » Mon, 01 May 2006 10:04 pm

I'm planning one too for the first time. So far I found that Airasia has good dealz.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Bonbon » Mon, 01 May 2006 10:08 pm

yeh sorry the one i checked was with air asia...but i think geruda? also offered a similiar price, just a bit more...

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Tue, 02 May 2006 8:51 am

its garuda dear bonbon :)

there's a lot of things to do in Bali - depends on what's your preference.

the best way to travel in Bali is by renting a car so that you can go to all the lovely places.

don't forget to have lunch at kintamani - simply beautiful.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 02 May 2006 9:28 am

Just spent 5 days in Bali and we had a great time. We stayed at in Jimbaran which is very quiet and relaxing

can't help you on flights as we paid an extra $75 on top of our SQ flight from UK

No Borders
Regular
Regular

Bali

Post by No Borders » Wed, 03 May 2006 10:24 am

What is it about Bali that interests you? What do you want to see in Bali? The culture? The people? The view - paddy fields, mountains, beaches (mind you it's black sand)...
What type of accomodation are you looking for or want to spend your money? a budget hotel, or the posh ones...

PM me your e-mail address or phone number and i'll share the Bali that i know and love... cheers!

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:04 pm

I would stay away from Kuta unless you like things really loud and honky tonk. I like Ubud and Jimbaran a lot more.

Carpe Diem
Manager
Manager

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed, 03 May 2006 4:29 pm

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:I would stay away from Kuta unless you like things really loud and honky tonk. I like Ubud and Jimbaran a lot more.
Welcome back... :wink:
La vie est trop courte, profitons de chaque instant

Barczar
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Barczar » Wed, 03 May 2006 5:42 pm

If you have the budget, i would highly recommend the CONRAD Hotel. Had an amazing week there...luxury at its finest! The pool, the spa, the food, the rooms all were way above expectation! The best way to get around is to rent a car and driver who is at your beck and call...much easier way to do what you want to do when you want to do it! Don't have to put up with the taxi smells, joyrides or price fixing etc...just sit back and relax. Enjoy the trip!

serendipity
Regular
Regular

Re: Bali

Post by serendipity » Thu, 04 May 2006 12:32 am

No Borders wrote:What is it about Bali that interests you? What do you want to see in Bali? The culture? The people? The view - paddy fields, mountains, beaches (mind you it's black sand)...
What type of accomodation are you looking for or want to spend your money? a budget hotel, or the posh ones...

PM me your e-mail address or phone number and i'll share the Bali that i know and love... cheers!
Am interested in the culture, the nature, wouldn't mind doing some hiking but not very hardcore perhaps, would stroll on the beach, would go window-shopping in some furniture shops, so if you know any by all means.
I never fancy spending much on accomodation cos I'll be out most of the time the way I see it, so even a hostel is ok by me.
Was doing that in Europe alone even and it was ok, nothing dodgy happened.

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Thu, 04 May 2006 8:59 am

serendipity,

do go to uluwatu - the scenery is simply beautiful..
of course, not to forget sunset at tanah lot.

:)

No Borders
Regular
Regular

Post by No Borders » Thu, 04 May 2006 9:36 am

I'd stay in Seminyak/ Jiimbaran/ Canggu area whenever i'm there. It's close and convenient to places to go and yet not too crowded. Ubud is also nice if you want to spend more than one day to explore that area (paddy fields and all - we once rented a car and just drive around the area and found some magnificent view of paddy fields. But you can also rent bycicle or motorbike to do it).

Temples to visit, "Pura Besakih" being the 'mother temple' - biggest and holiest. Others that i like: Tanah Lot, Uluwatu.
Batu Bulan, Celuk, Mas, Ubud for the arts/ cultural thing.

I'm not into hiking, but heard that you can do it at Munduk(?). Maybe someone else can help this one.

Window shopping and furniture shops - you'll find it along the kuta-legian-seminyak...

Places to eat (i'm adding this because that's what i like to try
:D ) - for breakfast "Cafe Moka" in Seminyak is a must for me (small place). Price is incredibly cheap for what you can get.
"Murni" at Ubud - their smoothies is delicious. "Warung Made" at Kuta - the old one is more original.
By the beach dining - La Luciola (italian), Jimbaran bay (for seafood).
Others worth mentioning: Trattoria, Kafe Warisan, and lots of other eating places... (can't help it - i love food).

There's still more to do... Enjoy!

PS. when you're walking along the beach or shops, just ignore the peddlers, otherwise you'll be stuck with them. walk straight, not encouraging them. With Bali being pretty quiet these days, i'm sure the peddlers will be 'hard at work'....

Daisy123

Bali Flight

Post by Daisy123 » Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:47 pm

I have just bought a flight to Bali from Garuda at $ 299 was the cheapest could find for June 10th! booking tel no 62502888. Jet star asia was a little cheaper for other dates! :)