Singapore Expats Forum

Hi Everyone...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

joannelee

Postby joannelee » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:15 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:hi Joanne,

welcome! after you've survived the first 10 warm welcomes, the following 100 funny combacks, and the next 1000 inane remarks, you'll feel right at home here. :)

oh and there is occasional rudeness too as many of our posters here are actually children (in terms of mental age) so don't take it too seriously. one of the things people here tend to react badly to is sms language. for example, "also" should be typed "also" and not "oso" when you're on this forum. :wink:

see you around!

Hi....thanks for thr inform... :D

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:17 pm

joannelee, anticipate that you will get a finer quantity of work out from this environment :cool:

:P
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:23 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote:oh and there is occasional rudeness too as many of our posters here are actually children (in terms of mental age) so don't take it too seriously.

In which category would you say you yourself fit? :)

Eric

as you are clearly my hero eric, i would go on bended knee to be included in the same category as you. isn't that obvious?

That and following:

Wind In My Hair wrote:woman's eternal paradox. she wishes to be what she is not and abhors what she is. :)

(or something like that)

makes me wonder... :o

Eric

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Tue, 02 May 2006 7:00 pm

Welcome Joanne :)

Contradiction is only natural, Eric :P Just remember, all are just imperfect human beings here, you would be fine, Joanne :wink:

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Wed, 03 May 2006 12:25 am

no contradiction, Ling2. it's like juxtaposing

when fishes flew and forests walked... (from Chesterton's "The Donkey")

...it is something to have wept as we wept (from another Chesterton poem)

and trying to make sense of the sentence. there's a screw missing somewhere... :wink:

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 03 May 2006 3:16 am

Guess Joanne is gonna learn it the hard way, when reading through the forum :P
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....