Singapore Expats Forum

Bored

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Bored

Postby Bremen » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:13 pm

*yawn*

Bored senseless... Anything going on tomorow? Any decent rallies, planned revolutions, etc?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:22 pm

Beach volleyball was cancelled... but fortunate to have played a game of badminton... then helped in a friend's cooking... good food :)

Now awaiting for coffee! :P

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:32 pm

Hmmm.... Coffee... :-k
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Bored

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:36 pm

Bremen wrote:*yawn*

Bored senseless... Anything going on tomorow? Any decent rallies, planned revolutions, etc?

And I thought it was just me tonight. Last night was the same - actually turned in before 11 pm. Can't remember when was the last time I turned in before 1 am! :?

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Bored

Postby Bremen » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And I thought it was just me tonight. Last night was the same - actually turned in before 11 pm. Can't remember when was the last time I turned in before 1 am! :?

Yah, pretty much exactly what i did. *sigh*

- Terry Pratchett

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:19 pm

The two Methuselah of the board are, umm, bored?

May I suggest a 100% remedy?! Have a baby . . . . it will stop you from being bored . . .

'nuff said Image

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:22 pm

Vaucluse wrote:The two Methuselah of the board are, umm, bored?

May I suggest a 100% remedy?! Have a baby . . . . it will stop you from being bored . . .

ah, what's misisng is a lady to have a baby with! :P

(or at least practice) ;)

- Terry Pratchett

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 01 May 2006 1:29 am

Bored, eh? Here's some suggestions.....

Why don't you.........???

1. Do a 'streak' down Orchard?

2. Join a dating website and put in your profile...'No mingers need apply, I'm so hot I wouldn't consider you.'...(And wait for the flack!!)

3. Become a vegan and annoy all your friends and family.

4. Start becoming 'Touchy, Feely' and see what reactions you get.

5. Tell your boss he's/she's got B.O and when they fire you, you can go on that year out you've always wanted to....

6. Start wearing make-up and women's clothes...

7. Take up the drums and smile at your neighbours in the morning..(as if that'd help.)

8. Get a Rotweiler, and tell all your mates that 'She's gentle as a lamb, really.' For this one make sure you have medical cover to pay their bite bills....

9. Start writing poetry and get your own weblog and spout on about how cruel life is.....you'll be inundated with nutters and become a celebrity..

10. Go up to MacRitchie and take a picnic and a loudspeaker, then when the monkeys come shout out loud and see what happens...

11. Again, in MacRitchie, sit on a bench and cry into a box of tissues and see if anyone stops and asks if you're ok....(Hmm? I wonder?)

12. Join the circus.

13. Get religion, preferably some weird sort and get chosen as a 'The Leader' and charge them to join....you'll end up with 67 Rolls Royce's....

14. Sell everything you have, go to America and do a Road Trip down Route 66.....(Ah, if only!)

15. Come to Britain, and realise it's not too boring there, after all!

Sorry, just some daft suggestions, hope it raises a smile.

Sunday night here, overcast, not too cold, Coronation Street later.....God, I am a saddo!!

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 01 May 2006 1:31 am

Ahhh... some of those i've done, some of those i don't have the $$$ for, and for the rest I don't quite feel like spending time in SG prisons. ;)

- Terry Pratchett

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Postby Scorpion » Mon, 01 May 2006 2:31 am

good nutty witty one'z :lol:

Guess which one will you be selecting, if you feel bored Bubbles !!
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 01 May 2006 11:55 pm

OK, so today I'm bored, and guess what I've been reading up on? Yep, the 'Out of Bounds' stuff on here.

Well, I never.

NO NO NO, not making any comments apart from...'Well...I NEVER!'

Truly some spikey stuff there. Whew.

Bye all, from 'Firmly on the fence unless let free in the WNDC then you'd get what I thought'.

Giggling, but glad I'm not in the firing line for once.... :wink:

Dylan Thomas.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 02 May 2006 12:01 am

I hope it was an elightening experience Bubbs. Reading over there has made me decide NEVER to get plastic surgery lest I want to jeopardise my brain cells!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 02 May 2006 1:05 am

Just a jokey thing I did in ten mins......come on, you gotta have a sense of humour about it.....and even now I'm not saying whether I agree with whatever or not......(never say never is what I say....)
PS....those are TRIPLE ......eye BAGS.....it's all the rage, dontcha know?

LOLOL......

URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

Dylan Thomas.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 02 May 2006 8:10 am

Love it!!! :D A work of art Bubbs. You must have been bored though!

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Tue, 02 May 2006 7:19 pm

I would suggest reading the Beauty threads, but after taking a peek at it... gosh..too much to read... I couldn't get pass 1 page :roll:

I have a suggestion to some who worried that their sons or daughters dating some "plastic" people. Just to be sure, asked to view photo ablum from baby to present adult age :P

Or bring them to the beach :P I am sure plastic tends to go out of shape after long hours in the Sun :P

Oh gosh..am sick at home..and I am "finally" able to afford to be bored :P minus those work calls :roll:

Bubbs, that's funny :lol: