Singapore Expats Forum

IPL

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

angelbleu

IPL

Postby angelbleu » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:47 pm

I went for IPL last friday..its my 1st time doing it.($900 for 5 sessions) Didnt knew that it can be quite pain but bearable due to the heat of the laser.The pain is something like using a rubber band to hit on a skin. Immediate after IPL, my freckles area looks like black sesame seed cos of the laser :? :P .Today after my 4-6th days, the dark dots started to peel off. Amazing, my light freckles kind of gone..hehe..Next session will be 3 weeks later..hope it can make my face look radiance and those open pores around my nose will be tightened.. I've seen my client her skin is so nice n radiance after her few session of IPL.. thats why decided to try. I knew that problem skin might take more than 5 sessions to see results..as for me I just wanna get rid of fine lines,freckles,pores tighten... so I think 5 sessions should be enough! :) I was wondering is the price $900 for 5 sessions reasonable?
Dont't Worry...Be Happy!!!

pineappletarts
Regular
Regular

Postby pineappletarts » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 1:22 pm

Hi Angelbleu,

Where do you go for the IPL treatment?

angelbleu

Postby angelbleu » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:25 pm

I did mine at Beauty world plaza... 8-) PM me if u need any details... :D

pineappletarts wrote:Hi Angelbleu,

Where do you go for the IPL treatment?

cuttypie

Postby cuttypie » Mon, 01 May 2006 8:31 pm

I honestly do not trust IPL at all.
Seen one of my colleagues tried the package..it cost S$5000 for 10 sessions. After 2 sessions, the face indeed looks really radiant..
but after the 4rd sessions..her skin start to looks damage..and soo damn sensitive to sun after that.
I have to bring her to skin doctor after that..and she couldn't get refund for her remaining money also..

I never dare to give a try for such a short term fix. Guess the impact is different for different person..
I'd rather maintain skin from inside..though it's harder and longer term..but I think its safer and healthier..

angelbleu

Postby angelbleu » Mon, 01 May 2006 11:09 pm

Wow..that is expensive... I had a friend who did IPL treatment..she's 47 but look so radiant and doesnt look like her age..thats why I decided to try it while i'm still had not reach my 30s yet.. :) . Main purpose is to get rid of my freckles and tightening my pores and skin.. so after my 5th session..I'll maintain my skin after that with proper skin care n sunblock..think its not neccessary for IPL again. :D .

cuttypie wrote:I honestly do not trust IPL at all.
Seen one of my colleagues tried the package..it cost S$5000 for 10 sessions. After 2 sessions, the face indeed looks really radiant..
but after the 4rd sessions..her skin start to looks damage..and soo damn sensitive to sun after that.
I have to bring her to skin doctor after that..and she couldn't get refund for her remaining money also..

I never dare to give a try for such a short term fix. Guess the impact is different for different person..
I'd rather maintain skin from inside..though it's harder and longer term..but I think its safer and healthier..

Goethe

Postby Goethe » Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:35 am

Never tried IPL myself but really eager cos my friend's face looked super radiant ever since she tried. She has stopped due to the high cost but still looked excellent. She did hers at the International Skin Centre. I think going to doctors for IPL is really safer. Her's cost $300+ per session but it sure looks worth it.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elska76 » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:05 am

I tried IPL early this year as part of my blemish treatment facial which i went for......though it literally killed all my acne after 1 session.....my face became very dry/dehydrated......sure feels like a 60 yr old for those 2 weeks of recovery......now its better.......but still dehydrated. ahahah
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

rapala_fisher

Postby rapala_fisher » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 2:47 pm

does IPL cures post scar blemishes.i got a really scerious post scars blemishes and a few ance scars.friends always say i am blushing all the time.fed-up.

elska76
Chatter
Chatter

Postby elska76 » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 3:06 pm

Im not sure rapala.....at that time mine was acne after acne.....i had one that didnt seem to subside or even "ripen" but after i went for the blemish treatment.....everything died.......no redness after the 2 weeks of recovery......Im not sure about scars cause i think the therapist need to see your face to be able to tell you more
Some people are alive cos its illegal to kill ;)

rapala_fisher

Postby rapala_fisher » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 3:42 pm

they are so many different kind of treatments now like

Microdermabrasion
IPL
chemical peel

and many others treatment

Which one has the best long lasting effect.which has higher percent of clear skin and problems free???people who been through it can review a bit??

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

IPL

Postby joop » Fri, 15 Sep 2006 2:11 pm

For those keen on going for IPL, you can seek professional help from :

David Loh Surgery
Tel: 67335300
#05-16 Wheelock Place
(Nearest MRT, Orchard Station)
URL: www.davidloh.sg

Simply Aesthetic
Tel: 67325527
Faber House #04-230
(Nearest MRT, Somerset Station)
URL: www.simply-aesthetic.com
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

imagic

Postby imagic » Tue, 19 Sep 2006 5:07 pm

why take the risk do IPL when there EBT can do more without side effect or scar? Is in the market for many years.

roxygerrr

Postby roxygerrr » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 4:47 pm

Hi imagic, what is EBT??

imagic

Postby imagic » Wed, 20 Sep 2006 5:02 pm

EBT is Energy Beauty Therapy, it utilizes a broad spectrum of visible light wave range 560nm-1200nm in treating various skin problem effectively.

roxygerrr

Postby roxygerrr » Thu, 21 Sep 2006 2:55 am

Oh.. that's something new... does it treat dark eye rings?? is the treatment expensive? thx thx