Singapore Expats Forum

Wealth Management Questions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

V.Ventura

Postby V.Ventura » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:28 pm

Hello,

I have worked as a financial advisor to Canada's largest money management firm (BMO Nesbitt Burns) for 9 years. I built my portfolio, etc. My fiancee is Singaporean, we live in Montreal but are looking to move shortly to Singapore.

Though I cannot transfer assets & thus requiring that I sell my portfolio, where can I drop my resume (headhunters?) for wealth management/business development positions? Basically which HeadHunter firm would be good for helping me out?

Also, are there any specific courses that I need to be aware of/ or have completed to work in the financials (or Business develpment)?

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Vincent

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:49 pm

Give Robert Walters a shot and Michael Page as well, there's one more I can't remember though.

Google or Yahoo.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:25 am

Can also try Hudson, Mckenna James & Boydon as well. Google is your friend.

manila_gorilla

Postby manila_gorilla » Tue, 09 May 2006 6:39 am

a good buddy of mine can definitely help you. You can e-mail me at manila1988@yahoo.com

MM247

Postby MM247 » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:34 am

Hello Vincent,

Not sure if you've already found what you're looking for. If you have, then that's great.

If not, please send a private message to me for further information, as we may be able to help.

MM247.

Sharon Tay

Re: Wealth Management Questions

Postby Sharon Tay » Fri, 07 Jul 2006 6:58 pm

V.Ventura wrote:Hello,

I have worked as a financial advisor to Canada's largest money management firm (BMO Nesbitt Burns) for 9 years. I built my portfolio, etc. My fiancee is Singaporean, we live in Montreal but are looking to move shortly to Singapore.

Though I cannot transfer assets & thus requiring that I sell my portfolio, where can I drop my resume (headhunters?) for wealth management/business development positions? Basically which HeadHunter firm would be good for helping me out?

Also, are there any specific courses that I need to be aware of/ or have completed to work in the financials (or Business develpment)?

Write to the Banks directly, check the website, they usually have an email address...

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Vincent