Singapore Expats Forum

Short or long sleeve?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 6:23 pm

nms1 wrote:Buttin up means that the last button (neck) is closed?

No.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
- Terry Pratchett

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 6:26 pm

Button up with the lower ones unbutton essa!

But short sleeves with bermudas is good...

and tattooes :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 6:35 pm

As long as you don't walk around wearing short sleeve with bermudas, socks and sandals!!

RYG
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 7:41 pm

Hmm... maybe my industry's a little more laid back than y'all's, but I do see people wearing short sleeves -- and not just expats but Singaporeans too. Not sales or the rest of the tie crowd though, just technical types. Also, instead of actual short sleeves, it's not unusual to see these weird semi-long shirts, with the sleeves rolled up a couple of times so they just barely cover the elbow. That said, given that most office aircons in Sing are set to "Ice Age", long sleeves are generally more comfortable...

One thing to watch out for though is the white short-sleeved shirt, because these are only worn by schoolboys! (And Mormon missionaries.)
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Bremen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bremen » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:11 pm

jpatokal wrote:
One thing to watch out for though is the white short-sleeved shirt, because these are only worn by schoolboys! (And Mormon missionaries.)

Aaaaargh..... The dynamic tag-team duos who annoy the crap out of you and follow you like mad...

Ironically, when you consider how they see homosexuality as a mortal sin, they walk around in pairs (usually 2 guys, rarely 2 women) and are so clean-cut that they seem to radiate a pink aura... :P

I'm not homophobic, but they're huge bleeps on my gaydar before the bible-thumper alert kicks in. :P
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett