Singapore Expats Forum

Lousy GoodWood Park Hotel service

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
cheeky

Lousy GoodWood Park Hotel service

Postby cheeky » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:45 pm

First of all, I must clarify that it is the experience dealing with the hotel's ONLY catering sales manager (MR CHRIS SEOW) is lousy, the hotel remain reputable & providing good food!

my cousin recently had his wedding at the hotel...the entire experience dealing with CHRIS SEOW was very 'unforgetable' the service provided by him is very unmatched with the hotel's reputation! as described by him

let me start with the most remarkable comment chris seow had made,
when he met my cousin with a wrong proposal, no apologies, but started to blame that his coordinator never do a good job, never amend as what he has instructed. and even said that the management is going to terminate the staff very soon as the staff always knock off on time and will not work overtime work. can you imagine a hotel manager saying this to the hotel customer??

other than that, he was also always late for appointment, never reply email, never follow-up for appointment, never take things seriously...and all this, He claimed that it is because he was the ONLY catering manager who takes care of everything in the hotel.

our opinion is that Goodwood Park as a reputable hotel certainly deserve a well-manner employee to enhance the hotel’s reputation but not to have ill-manner employee to destroy the high trust level from customer towards the hotel.

what do u think?

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Postby Mary Hatch Bailey » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 5:37 pm

I think that the superb food at Min Jian more than makes up for it. :wink:

Seriously. What do you care what we think. Better to take it up with the people at the Goodwood. I have worked with Rose in the past. She was fine, very professional. Bring it to their attention, they need to know if the service was sub-par.