Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone know?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:25 am

thanks wolfie :)

no trouble, just bad timing :-|
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:30 am

BG...

if you're hamster has been living with a partner most of his/her life, you should get a replacement. Otherwise the poor soul will be left alone and feeling at lost. Bring him/her down to the store and observe which one clicks.

I'm no DrDoolittle but in a way..

this is about love and companionship.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:36 am

Nice idea Tiki - thanks
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Hemingway

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 1:20 pm

Dear BG, sorry to hear of your loss. Sending a big cyber hug. xoxo

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 1:27 pm

:) thanks :)

Hemingway

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 3:34 pm

Oh, sorry BG....it really was just one of those silly straying from the main thread daftnesses, just meant to be lighthearted. I'm sorry if I offended, it really wasn't meant as taking the p***. Honest.

Sorry about your little pet, too. I know what you mean. Years ago, when we lived in Amersham, near London, the kid's hamster got runny eyes, I took it to the vet in it's cage, and vet said, 'OK, we'll give it this antibiotic injection, but I'm afraid running eyes are a poor sign in this sort of animal, and you may have to face the fact that this poor girl's not got much time left.' Well, I was so upset, and it was only a tiny hamster, less than a year old. What would I tell the kids? I walked back with Florence (her name) cuddled up in a corner of the cage. On the way home there were these builders, doing up a house, and one of them shouted down to me, 'What you got under that cloth love, baked a cake for us did you darling?' .....Or something like that...you know, totally innocent fun remark......You should have heard me.......'No, I bloody well haven't got you a cake, it's my kid's hamster...who's going to DIE soon, if you must know, alright!!'

Their faces....one of them even ran after me to say they were sorry. I did feel a fool and apologised of course, but I had tears running down my face. So, I do know how it affects you, yes, even if it's just a tiny creature.

So, I am very sorry if I upset you with my silly dress post, I just thought it was so totally dotty, it would raise a laugh....

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 3:41 pm

Guys please stop saying sorry for taking the thread off topic, there is no need to. I love the way threads go off on obscure tangents - just like in real life conversations twist & turn.

My bad for snapping, sorry :oops:

Hemingway

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:52 am

We are all one big happy family!!! Whee hee! :P

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:58 am

Strange looking family... did kissing cause all this too?

Vaucluse
Director
Director

Postby Vaucluse » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:17 am

Baron Greenback wrote:Not feeling in a party mood, one of the guinea pigs died last night :cry: gf was very upset. Buried the little fella in the "garden". The question now is will the surviving guinea pig get lonely? I have heard that they are very social animals. Last week someone was asking if we wanted a dwarf rabbit, didn't give it a second thought until now. But seems a little cold just replacing a pet with another, does that make sense? :-|

They don't grow, you know?! (ok, my bad this time)

Having had Hamsters for our first Monster I would recommend getting another one for the companionship, but seldom do they get along. we had to get a second 'home' as the old one constantly attacked the newcomer - - - bloody fights even.

'nuff said Image

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:15 am

Cheekybeek wrote:Strange looking family... did kissing cause all this too?

*flutters her furry little eyelids at ya Cheekybeek*... :love: