Singapore Expats Forum

Visiting Singapore for first time

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
pantman

Visiting Singapore for first time

Postby pantman » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:32 am

Hi- I am visiting Singapore for the first time in September coming from California and wanted to find out where the night action is located. Also if anyboby can recommend a good work out facility. I enjoy working out with free weights.
Dave
Dave

jokerknight

Re: Visiting Singapore for first time

Postby jokerknight » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 5:15 pm

pantman wrote:Hi- I am visiting Singapore for the first time in September coming from California and wanted to find out where the night action is located. Also if anyboby can recommend a good work out facility. I enjoy working out with free weights.
Dave

So lame.... :P

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 5:27 pm

hmm this is the first "no so nice" post I've seen from you jokerknight :P
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

jokerknight

Postby jokerknight » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 5:32 pm

EPL wrote:hmm this is the first "no so nice" post I've seen from you jokerknight :P

:oops!:

I thought his request sounds funny but i actually meant to be a joke....i apologize. :(

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 5:33 pm

haha what a joker :lol:

:P
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 5:37 pm

Hi Pantman,

welcome to Singapore. For nightlife, you'll be in the right city, no worries, just follow this events and gatherings section on the forum. WNDC, FNDC, all nice hangouts with members of this online community, mix of locals and foreigners.

For your workout, they even named it after your homestate:

http://www.californiafitness.com/home.j ... sg&lang=en

Can confirm it's a good one, from experience.

Eric

pantman

Thanks

Postby pantman » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:17 am

Eric from the Netherlands, thank you for the tips on my visit to Singapore. I am coming over for a wedding and don't have much time to enjoy the sights and scenes of the country so I wanted to zero in on where I could get the most out of my limited time.
Thanks
Dave

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:30 am

Getting the most out of your time... but what are you focusing on??? :lol: