Singapore Expats Forum

Dating in Asia

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Dating in Asia

Postby Em Eye » Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:07 pm

So I'm back dating again.

The last 3 dates I've been on the guy started talking about prostitutes they have seen here and the girls they have been sleeping with. To me this is really weird. Why would anyone bring this up the first time they met a girl? Do they really think that will make me want to be next in line? Or do you think they know that it's off putting and say it so I know they aren't interested?

I dated here in Singapore a few years ago and was lucky to meet a really nice guy who I was with for a year and a half and a few guys who became good friends. I don't remember this happening before, sure I had bad dates but not like this.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Do I sound like someone from the Darkside?

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:15 am

It is indeed weird.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Re: Dating in Asia

Postby madwolfie » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:29 am

Em Eye wrote:So I'm back dating again.
Any thoughts? Suggestions? Do I sound like someone from the Darkside?

No you don't Em Eye and its no wonder I'm still single!?! :wink:

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Dating in Asia

Postby renter » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:54 am

Em Eye wrote:Any thoughts? Suggestions? Do I sound like someone from the Darkside?

You don't sound like one. I don't think normal guys talk about his prostitution experiences or sex experiences with a girl on the first date. Or probably he is horny so he saw you as a prostitution or sexual target. Then that'll be the problem.

so it is up to your judgement. but generally I don't see it as a good sign.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:00 pm

I agree with the others, leave this guy alone and let him do his pro's and girl's thingie himself.

A caring or sensitive person would never start about that nonsense, he probably would not even be interested in it anyway.

No Em Eye, you don't sound like the dark side at all, I didnot see any sms lingo in your posting, neither did I hear about nose jobs or double eyelids concerns from your side, you're fine! :D

If you think the guy is still worth it, ask him why he brings this up and that it doesnot at all make you feel comfortable, see how he reacts to that?

Eric

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:10 pm

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! Sorry! But I was not laughing at you Em Eye!

The dude has gotta be one who has had no "action" for a long time! There is one way you can take this. You are so hot that one look at you & he just lost it then and there! And he blabbered like a kettle with no whistlestop. :-)

So where does it raise the question that you are from the Darkside? In any case what kinda of a knucklehead starts talking of sleeping with girls and prostitutes. It does not matter if it is the first or the five hundredth date! Its just not done! Maybe you should give the loser a copy of "Little Black Book" (Ron Livingstone and Brittany Murphy). And tell him what not do!

On a hindsight, its better this came on the first date than the fourth. So you can actually date someone better. So you are not sounding like a darkside.

Look, Em Eye, men are goobers! Being one I can vouch for that. But there are different level of goodberism. In the end, you stick with someone who has a reduced quantum of gooberhood than others! :-) In the end, that would only mean they are nice and sincere without going overboard with enthusiasm!

I agree with Eric-san except for the fact that you want to call him again to ask him. I say dont bother and move on.

In the end, its a personal choice and others must respect without without prejudice.

Good Luck! And welcome to the dating world! :D

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:13 pm

Thanks guys!

I haven't agreed to a second date with any of these guys.

I totally believe that everyone you meet will tell you within the first month who they are but most people don't listen. These guys aren't people who I want to waste time dating...

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:19 pm

Good girl!

Eric

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 1:01 pm

I wonder what's next on his conversation list?

Probably would love to show a birthmark he has...

that has never seen the light of day.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

jokerknight

Postby jokerknight » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 4:46 pm

Em Eye wrote:Thanks guys!

I haven't agreed to a second date with any of these guys.

I totally believe that everyone you meet will tell you within the first month who they are but most people don't listen. These guys aren't people who I want to waste time dating...

Well i can't say much about why they bring up topics like that on first date, maybe its just a signal to you that they are looking for ONS?

:oops: :oops: on those guys. Heheheee

Highland Chicken

Postby Highland Chicken » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 9:54 pm

Hmm............

The girls and I have had many conversations on this topic. Unfortunately we've not managed to come up with any answers.

On the other hand, there's nothing worse than a guy going on a date with a woman who feels the need to tell him all about how wonderful her ex was. Why isn't she still with him then?

Do they have Speed Dating in Singapore?

HC

icedragon1420
Regular
Regular

Postby icedragon1420 » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:18 pm

that guys if clearly messed up that could have been the dumbiest thing i ever heard a guy do not to mention rude.I havent had the chance yet to meet many people who are from here as many expats in my company man i hope i dont meet any girls telling me about there ex's or one nighters :o :-k
If time is money and money is time then where can i buy some?

Em Eye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Em Eye » Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:18 am

Well finally I got over that bump! Had a great date last night. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.