Singapore Expats

BKK trip. Any Khakis?!

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
singal

Post by singal » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 8:14 pm

hi milan,

that's what i'm thinking as well. can't come back too quickly if i wanna do so many things. i'm looking at Dr. preecha's websire. he's suppose to be the best. have a look http://www.pai.co.th/index.asp by the way, what procedures will you be doing? have you done the consultation?

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 8:49 pm

Hey singal..

as per the tattoo removal, well you could head down to the National Skin Centre as they do a pretty good job. Otherwise there are places elsewhere where you can have a peek, it depends on your budget as well.

Good on ya for looking up DrPreecha...

not only is he good, he is a very nice person as well.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:51 pm

tiki wrote:as per the tattoo removal, well you could head down to the National Skin Centre as they do a pretty good job. Otherwise there are places elsewhere where you can have a peek, it depends on your budget as well.

tiki... you know a lot around here! :) Am impressed :)

say... know anywhere which is good for touch-ups on tatoos? :)

milan

Post by milan » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 3:11 am

singal wrote:hi milan,

that's what i'm thinking as well. can't come back too quickly if i wanna do so many things. i'm looking at Dr. preecha's websire. he's suppose to be the best. have a look http://www.pai.co.th/index.asp by the way, what procedures will you be doing? have you done the consultation?
his website sure look pretty impressive
however, i think dr sukit from yanhee will still be my choice after seeing a real example of his work.
im gg to get my bridge for my nose. have sent him my pic
he say mine shldnt be too complicated. and the cost is us450.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:15 am

madwolfie wrote:
tiki wrote:as per the tattoo removal, well you could head down to the National Skin Centre as they do a pretty good job. Otherwise there are places elsewhere where you can have a peek, it depends on your budget as well.

tiki... you know a lot around here! :) Am impressed :)

say... know anywhere which is good for touch-ups on tatoos? :)
MW...

cover-ups usually costs more than ink on fresh skin. It depends on the surface area as well and on how intricatethe design of the current tattoo.
Extensive cover-up tattooes are usually of 'black work designs', though if the artist is a master he can do a colour one. Example of black work designs could be a Tribal, Maori and the like. It could even be 'bio-mechanical' ones ie HR Geiger ( sp ) inspired designs.

I take it by touch up you mean to resume or expand on a cuttent tattoo. For that I would recommend any of the more known parlours. Just remember to make sure it's a new needle, some joints in BKK re-used the needles which is detrimental to your health. That is why you get it cheaper.

The standard would be around $50 for a new needle. So even if it's just a dot that you want to get done, that is the safe price.

At the end of the day, it depends on your budget and powers of negotiations with the artist and in your case...

your bite :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:35 am

tiki wrote: MW...

I take it by touch up you mean to resume or expand on a cuttent tattoo. For that I would recommend any of the more known parlours. Just remember to make sure it's a new needle, some joints in BKK re-used the needles which is detrimental to your health. That is why you get it cheaper.

The standard would be around $50 for a new needle. So even if it's just a dot that you want to get done, that is the safe price.

At the end of the day, it depends on your budget and powers of negotiations with the artist and in your case...

Indeed... to resume or expand on the current tatoo is my intention. :)

I did mine at one of the shops in Far East Plaza about 8-9 years ago and its time to re-visit for a touch-up session long overdue... :P

Though I'm looking at someone who has to be rather creative to work on "expanding" my current tatoo...

Don't think my bite will help in this case :)

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiki » Mon, 24 Apr 2006 4:01 pm

madwolfie wrote:
tiki wrote: MW...

Indeed... to resume or expand on the current tatoo is my intention. :)

I did mine at one of the shops in Far East Plaza about 8-9 years ago and its time to re-visit for a touch-up session long overdue... :P

Though I'm looking at someone who has to be rather creative to work on "expanding" my current tatoo...

Don't think my bite will help in this case :)
Lemme have a look when we hook up at Oosters *looks at Eric*...

if it's somewhere *ahem* 'enclosed' I am sure they have unisex toilets somewhere :P
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Tue, 25 Apr 2006 9:50 am

tiki wrote:Lemme have a look when we hook up at Oosters *looks at Eric*...

if it's somewhere *ahem* 'enclosed' I am sure they have unisex toilets somewhere :P
Lets see when you DO turn up? :lol: *turns her furry little head to look at Eric too* :wink:

jacebreen

Post by jacebreen » Thu, 27 Apr 2006 9:53 am

Hi Singal,

Thanks for your contact! I will check it out. As for going to BKK in May, I will have to miss that - it's too soon and my hubby will be away! :( However, I am planning a trip in end June / early July. Anyone who wish to join me? I will be going for liposuction in either Bumrungard or Yan Hee.

iamdanny
Chatter
Chatter

Post by iamdanny » Sun, 18 Jun 2006 9:29 pm

anyone wanna go thailand do nose surgery? i'm looking for a companion too.. if interested do pm me thanks :)