Singapore Expats Forum

How many Cabin Crew members???

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
left_hand_seat

Postby left_hand_seat » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 12:03 pm

dyslexic_alien wrote:hahahha, finally Capt. When I first read the posts, I was like.. omg.. these "posters" sounded so dim! hahahah, yeah I totally agree with you that the main purpose of planting crew on a plane is to ensure the safety of the planes! not the coffee and tea shit!

Remember when air travel first started in history, the very first cabin crew had to be nurses! Why so? cos people are not used to flying, the the planes were primitive and highly sensitive to weather conditions, thus passengers get airsick very easily. Also, they had to be BELOW 5ft 3!! yes, BELOW. cos anyone taller than that will have difficulty manovouring the old little cabin!

Crewing has evolved so much over the days, adding more and more service protocols to the work and to some extent that even looks now play a part, its not hard to imagine why nowadays people (especially in asia with all the asian airlines) would only imagine that flight attendants are merely pretty but dim-witted trolley dollies. (personally I feel very sad for these warped images the masses hold)

anyways, before anyone ask you why you are called left hand seat, hahahah, maybe I will like to add:

Dear layman friends,
in the cockpit, the captain sits on the left and the first officer sits on the right if they are facing the nose of the plane.

Hope some of you are enlighted now.

HI ALien, if u are refering to my posts, thank you. Yes..the short nurses in de days of Viscount & constellation, even de overhead bins were opened concept. I heard about it from my dad n the oldies ! Since I am jus a young naive 19yr old JC kid..we are all laymen ,learning day by day too.

OH..is tat why they are LHS? :wink: I tot it's because they are all LEFT-HANDED!
Im sorri I cant type this from right to left for ur dyslexic convenience..
Cheers !

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 3:38 pm

dyslexic_alien wrote:
Dear layman friends,
in the cockpit, the captain sits on the left and the first officer sits on the right if they are facing the nose of the plane.

Common knowledge and very easy to find out for anybody who happens to have a serious interest in the aviation industry. Shame I have so often told so many of them here if you want a job as an FA do some research first. BTW dyslexic_alien you are right about the misconception people have of flight attendants, seems it doesn't occur to some they are people like anybody else.

Plavt.

left_hand_seat

Postby left_hand_seat » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 4:19 pm

Plavt wrote:
dyslexic_alien wrote:
Dear layman friends,

Common knowledge and very easy to find out for anybody who happens to have a serious interest in the aviation industry. Shame I have so often told so many of them here if you want a job as an FA do some research first. BTW dyslexic_alien you are right about the misconception people have of flight attendants, seems it doesn't occur to some they are people like anybody else.

Plavt.

Eh? waat the...? :?

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 10 Jun 2006 5:05 pm

left_hand_seat wrote:
Eh? waat the...? :?

Obviously somebody who never looks for or reads books, visits the airport talks to serving crew members. In other words, like it or not you just can't be bothered.

Plavt.

dyslexic_alien

Postby dyslexic_alien » Mon, 12 Jun 2006 9:21 am

hahaha, way to go Plavt! so terrible.... a 19yo junior college dork pretending to be a captain??! Good luck kiddo Left Hand Seat, you still have to clock many many (to the power of infinity, in JC speak that is, hahahah) hours, before you really can sit on the port side of the cockpit, little one. LOL!