Singapore Expats Forum

In the summer

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

pandaman

In the summer

Postby pandaman » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 8:31 pm

What does NUS & NTU Faculty do in the summer? Do they teach or do research by themselves in the summer? Is it possible for a faculty member to leave school to conduct research outside of school? for example, goito Europe or American school for reseach.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: In the summer

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 8:39 pm

pandaman wrote:What does NUS & NTU Faculty do in the summer? Do they teach or do research by themselves in the summer? Is it possible for a faculty member to leave school to conduct research outside of school? for example, goito Europe or American school for reseach.

In the summer? :???: They teach. I believe the school years follows the calendar and not the US way.

pandaman

Postby pandaman » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:15 pm

I think they have summer holidays from May to July.

My wife got offers from NUS & NTU for an assistant professor. But just this month, her advier and she were awarded a large amount of funding for their proposal submitted. So she is thinking she may need to come back U.S. in the summer to conduct the research project. That's why she is wondering why she can ask for leave in the summer. Is it possible? Thanks

pandaman

Postby pandaman » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:17 pm

NUS and NTU should have 10-12 weeks summer holidays from May to July. Is that right?