Singapore Expats Forum

State of origin.....

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
KeriT
Regular
Regular

State of origin.....

Postby KeriT » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:30 am

Any Aussies here who gather durin state of origin 2 watch the game together? i wld like 2 find out more as its coming soon... :)

kitkat2006

Go Qld!

Postby kitkat2006 » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 7:57 am

KeriT - yes I'd love to find out if anyone is showing the game and if so where!!

Let me know how you go on your quests and if there is a decent bar showing the game.

Go Qld...

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 9:53 am

I think One Nite Stand ( the pub ) might be telecasting the event.

I wouldn't mind watching some waltzing matildas passing off union as league as well :wink:
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 10:17 am

the 1 nite stand bar no longer shows it nw... However, the bungy bar shows the weekly game.. on sunday afternoon.. did u manage 2 catch last week's game? Matty Bowen showed once again why he deserved the maroon and kangaroo's jeresy. :D Nt many local watches the game (even though i'm 1 8-) )... thus, i'm nt sure how fruitful my quest will b... bt it will be showed here via ABC-AP for sure, it's only a matter of live or delayed... :wink: & YES Go the Maroons...

kirribilli

Ruggers

Postby kirribilli » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 4:23 pm

Hey

New South Welshman here .... but given I am the North Shore type, don't really follow league. But given it is the SOO, may give it a try. Let me know.

Cheers
D

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:11 pm

kitkat... try the bungy bar... it's nice and shows AFL, NRL & Super 14 every weekend

kitkat2006

Postby kitkat2006 » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 6:41 am

Sure absolutely. So long you don't get me to bungy if Qld loses ok?

Dates are:

Game I: May 24, Sydney
Game II: June 14, Brisbane
Game III: July 5, Melbourne

If you want to grab some games prior PM me and we can meet up.

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:37 pm

haha.... well, i'm a Maroon fan as i lived in Brisbane during the last 2 years... well, unless u're a Blues fan... haha... i doubt we will be doing any bungy! Personally, I'm a Broncos fan... how abt u?? I'm thinkin of heading down to the bar this sunday afternoon to watch the game between broncos and the panthers...

well, the first rep game to look forward to is the Anzac day game... hopefully, the kangaroos will triumphed.... :D

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:42 pm

KeriT wrote:haha.... well, i'm a Maroon fan as i lived in Brisbane during the last 2 years... well, unless u're a Blues fan... haha... i doubt we will be doing any bungy! Personally, I'm a Broncos fan... how abt u?? I'm thinkin of heading down to the bar this sunday afternoon to watch the game between broncos and the panthers...

well, the first rep game to look forward to is the Anzac day game... hopefully, the kangaroos will triumphed.... :D

Go Lions! :wink:
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 4:30 pm

Lions?! as in the AFL team?? unless the Kiwis are known as Lions... hehe... if not then, i'm lost!!.. haha :lol: the weekend is coming soon.. Footy Time!! :P :P :twisted:

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 5:31 pm

..just had to include 'em when you mentioned Brisbane :P
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 6:48 pm

haha.. i love the Lions.. been to their game and i like aka, power and johnson... they will be playing this sat.. haha i'm might just pop down to the bungy bar and watch it!! :lol: :)

KeriT
Regular
Regular

Postby KeriT » Fri, 19 May 2006 8:38 pm

Anyone catching State of Origin(NRL)??? Its live and its this coming wednesday at 530pm. :D Hopefully, someone can direct me to a pub where the atmosphere will be awesome.

Cheers