Singapore Expats Forum

A bit down...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Cheekybeek
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Cheekybeek » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 5:42 pm

Kats_ wrote:Did I tell you about this incident ...

My friend was waiting for a bus on a bright afternoon and after a long wait decided to take the next cab that passes by.

Luckily a taxi pulled over and someone got off and my friend hopped in after picking up her bags etc. All excited, she started SMSing her friends that she was going to be there on time after getting in ....she absent-mindedly asked the cabbie to take her to Suntec City.

Cabbie: (Just looks at her puzzled).

My friend: Suntec city, please (still engrossed in punching those words into her mobile)

* The cab doesnt move

Cabbie: (In a slow dragged fashion) Do you want me to take you to Suntec city?

My friend: (Totally annoyed by now) Yes!

Cabbie: Er this is not a taxi....

My friend realises what a blunder she had made and jumps out after mumbling an apology!

Apparently, she got into a random car assuming that it was a cab!

Was hilarious and we still tease her to look out for green/blue lights before she gets into a 'cab'!

I had a dream, I think it was last night or the night before that I did the exact same thing, but was trying to get home from the airport.

I once saw a 'cab' pick someone up at a taxi stand except the cab had no stickers or branding (just the taxi sign on top) I didn't notice the meter or signs for the fares or anything. So look out for a rogue taxi picking people up!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Bubbles » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 5:48 pm

Those sorts of goings on are rife here in the UK. The police warn about it, as there have been some very nasty incidents of assault, mugging, robbery and worse by these cowboys.

Of course, not all are bad people, but you've got no insurance if you take a lift with these guys.

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 8:47 pm

Hope you're feeling better Bubbs. I haven't anything funny to share at the moment but I'm here for you.
One man's meat is another's poison.