Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC 21Apr06

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 4:04 pm

FNDC!

When I first came 10 years ago, I used to MNDC, WNDC, FNDC, SNDC and then eat Indian curry on Sunday, pass out on the couch.

Result: By the time it was year 2000, I had gained 14 kilos. :shock: Holy &#$^&!!!!

Spending a year bicycling to work, no alcohol, walking and running, I lost 14 kilos! And thank god now my weight fluctuates between + or - 4 every quarter!

So since 2001, this is how my system went:-

2001 Q2 and Q3 - MNDC, FNDC, SNDC only!
2002 Q2 and Q3 - WNDC, SNDC only!
2003 Q2 and Q3 - SNDC only!
2004 Q2 and Q3 - God! I can count the number of times I had a drink in one hand. But wait! That's because I spent most of the year in KL. But I dont count it in the list. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2005 followed the same silly Q2 and Q3 pattern

2006 has already moved to Q2 and I am not sure what to do anymore! Oh! heck! might as well have a couple for posterity sake! :roll:

So why beat around the bushes! Hooray for FNDC's. I might just come out for the second time with some familiar faces (I presume some are familiar).

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 4:50 pm

guru, that's if you can remember the familiar faces? :P

cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cookieguy » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 5:31 pm

will be there. cheers!!! :)
Eat a cookie, think of a cookie, earn more money!!! :)

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Re: opps

Postby MusicFever » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 6:22 pm

dinki di wrote:All,

As I prefaced in my earlier posts, I wasn't out to cause any offence. It has been to date my observation and it has somewhat annoyed me that these girls are blantantly obvious with their agendas - ie. would ignore me and my gal pals and sideline my friend who is a Hong Kong chinese guy in favour of the "white" expat males.

Thus far, I have received half a dozen PMs indicating that this view is held by quite a few people and I am just kinda saying "the emperor has no clothes" ... and maybe the truth hurts ....

So, if you are one of these SG, please do muster up some self respct.. after all we (as expats) are out here to make new friends and enjoy work/life in a new context.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Hi there, I agree with some points of your view. SPGs do exist and nice local girls too. At least I got several nice local friends from work. On the other hand, there is no difference between SPG and SPG pickers, I believe they are perfectly matching. Just trust your white guys. If they are good, they will only persue good girls, her skin color will not be a matter. If they are bad, let them play, it's a 'give-take' for-fun game, not our business anyway, need not throw a glimpse.
Well, come back to the thread. La-Di-Da, count me in on Friday at this moment, I will try this time. Btw, if you are interested to organize a lunch meet in raffles area on working days, I can surely make it.

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Re: opps

Postby La Di Da » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 6:34 pm

Thanks Musicfever ! I'm away next week on business but will surely arrange something when back, will make me take a lunchbreak then :-({|=

Kleintje

Postby Kleintje » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 6:40 pm

Waaaaaa... what did I miss... I did not open the forum for one day and so many posts already.... anyways........about dinki's post

same old same old..... in any part of the world whichever origin & nationality... there are always the good ones and the bad ones, the more talkative one and the quite ones, the tall and the short.....

We call them variety of people.......ofcourse in some countries you will find certain type of people more than in other countries..... but lets not generalise all this.

If some Singapore gals that you found did not treat u well, I think you blame it on that individual girl and not the whole country...

What im tryin to say is............... this topic should just end man........

I just want to see u all in FNDC, not sure that i can join thou, I have some stupid seminar, dunno when it will end....

So guys........... if im not there this week, I will go next week....

Verb_Your_ Noun...... bring some Baileys..... I missed them......
And the hardest part is letting go not taking part... that is the hardest part...

kirribilli

sounds cool

Postby kirribilli » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:20 pm

FNDC sounds cool - see youse there!

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

TGIF

Postby La Di Da » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 9:15 am

Ok all, have reseved a big seating area for us on comfy sofas, immediately on the left as you walk into Savannah Bar (Indochine) at Club St.

See you all there,
7.30pm onwards :girl:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 9:24 am

10 more hours to go!!! :P

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

fndc, here i am :lol:

Postby Scorpion » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:19 am

Can sense the urge to rock out this friday :cool:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:30 am

My butt is already on the sofa! Its just the rest of me to follow........ :D :D :D And I just dont feel like doing anything today! God I have tons of stuff to finish!!!!! :roll:

cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Curious

Postby cookieguy » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:53 am

icelady wrote:
timtams wrote:
dinki di wrote:Hi

Not been to one of these FNDC personally ... but have been to one or two of these gatherings organised from this forum in the past - please don't take offence, but was just wondering why there are so many singaporean girls at what is an expat board? Are they all SPGs? .... hmmm. Just curious to understand their motives/agenda? This is after all an expat forum .... wonder why they are hanging around here ?

DD

Well, what would be your motive/agenda for coming to the gatherings then? :D Did you reckon it would be easier for a foreigner to feel at home surrounded by other foreigners all the time? Haven't you heard, the true blue locals are the ones who can help you integrate? :)

dinki,

If there weren't the women here, you reckon the men will come? :???:

do you think ALL men come because of women?

then what about groups of buddies in forum get together for a drink and a healthy laugh and chat?

should join and open ya horizon hehee....

cookieguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cookieguy » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:05 pm

so tonight at club street? which part of club street?

anyone can help?

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Postby La Di Da » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 1:26 pm

If you walk up from China Sq end, it's about half way up on the left hand side, there's a big red flag outside with Bar Savannah on,

See you there.
:girl:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Fri, 21 Apr 2006 1:31 pm

6 more hours to go!!! :roll: