Singapore Expats Forum

FNDC 21Apr06

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Postby La Di Da » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:21 am

Not that I'm agreeing with all comments made but to be fair to dinki di, her observation is one that most of us western girlies probably make when we first arrive and this is named as an expat forum. But once you've been here a while you realize that we are after all in Singapore and so why should it be all Expats and no local lasses !!

dinki di,
My advice to you would be to come along on Fri pm and meet everyone, it's good to have a diverse group of drinking buddies and at the end of the day majority of the expat guys here are not worth bothering with anyway !! te he :devil: :girl:

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:28 am

How could the ladies resist to an healthy white french :twisted:

But surprisingly some of them still resist :cry:

Whatever everyone can think, the point that make this kind of forum interesting is the mix of the people from different countries.
And, as far as I know the SPGs (no comment please :P ), you can always detect them before it's too late (starting from the point you are not interested in of course :cool: )

DD : are you single ? do you look for someone ? and do you have some local girls challenging you ? there is always a shoe that fit our foot, even just for the summer :twisted:

BTW, I confirm that wolfie is a female ... be careful when she start to bite !!

To conclude : no place is reserved for a specific category of person, keep your mind opened !

And if you are not able to do it by yourself, let a good drink help you at (MTWTFSS)NDC :twisted:
60 million french people can't be wrong ;-)

La Di Da
Regular
Regular

Postby La Di Da » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:30 am

So, are you joining us jolmar on Fri pm? :girl:

chickensoup

Postby chickensoup » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:30 am

in my country some people who make themselves look weathly by spending on their credit cards and some unfortunately end up with huge debt. .. never trust the '' looks'' ....

I will bring a friend to the gathering. She just arrived at singapore and is happy to make new friends. I have been here for more than 1 year but dont have many chances to make local friends. dont mind meeting some singaporeans here :)

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:33 am

La Di Da wrote:Not that I'm agreeing with all comments made but to be fair to dinki di, her observation is one that most of us western girlies probably make when we first arrive and this is named as an expat forum. But once you've been here a while you realize that we are after all in Singapore and so why should it be all Expats and no local lasses !!

dinki di,
My advice to you would be to come along on Fri pm and meet everyone, it's good to have a diverse group of drinking buddies and at the end of the day majority of the expat guys here are not worth bothering with anyway !! te he :devil: :girl:

:) Everyone's fair to make their own observations/viewpoints/says etc etc and in all seriousness, there's always a theory basis and a practical basis.

Though its good to know that the expats have grown quite fond of the local "crashies" here. (be it male/female) :twisted:

and dinki di, do come along this Friday and join us for some booze! :cool:

As we always say - ALL are welcome :)

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:36 am

La Di Da wrote:Not that I'm agreeing with all comments made but to be fair to dinki di, her observation is one that most of us western girlies probably make when we first arrive

Agree with you, cos i believe that exotism is part of seduction and for myself, I was more interested in local girls than in western.
But afterall, the real personality is the only thing I am looking for so, everyone has a chance ;-)

This topic is very interesting by itself, but does not take place here, so i will open a thread elsewhere.

And now let's go party ... hummm I am still at the office :lol:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:36 am

Ahemmm *coughs* Thank you jolmar for the confirmation on my gender issues... :lol:

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 9:40 am

La Di Da wrote:So, are you joining us jolmar on Fri pm? :girl:

Asked this way, I can't resist :cool:

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:52 am

jolmar wrote:
La Di Da wrote:So, are you joining us jolmar on Fri pm? :girl:

Asked this way, I can't resist :cool:

With a marathon story to share!

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:04 pm

drinking and talking, that sounds very good to me

dinki di

opps

Postby dinki di » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 1:48 pm

All,

As I prefaced in my earlier posts, I wasn't out to cause any offence. It has been to date my observation and it has somewhat annoyed me that these girls are blantantly obvious with their agendas - ie. would ignore me and my gal pals and sideline my friend who is a Hong Kong chinese guy in favour of the "white" expat males.

Thus far, I have received half a dozen PMs indicating that this view is held by quite a few people and I am just kinda saying "the emperor has no clothes" ... and maybe the truth hurts ....

So, if you are one of these SG, please do muster up some self respct.. after all we (as expats) are out here to make new friends and enjoy work/life in a new context.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Giselle

Postby Giselle » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 2:17 pm

dinki di, not to worry - tis no offence caused!

Am sorry you feel so insecure - a dose of confidence should help!

If a white expat's what you want, walk right up - don't just hide behind a forum or sit there with thoughts a-festering!

Do something, lady - be direct!
Bring your club along - pick out your white guy - club him on the head - and bring him home - he'll be too dazed to know whether you're local or expat!

Good luck!
Last edited by Giselle on Wed, 19 Apr 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jolmar
Chatter
Chatter

Postby jolmar » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 2:18 pm

So let's have a drink now, talking makes my throat very dry :cool: :cool:
do you plan to join FNDC ?

Giselle

Postby Giselle » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 2:25 pm

Osho et al

Had a marvelously fabulous time dancing and jumping around! Absolutely love dancing - tis such invigorating exercise!

You've started an addiction! More, more and more, please!

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Re: opps

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 2:30 pm

dinki di wrote:All,

As I prefaced in my earlier posts, I wasn't out to cause any offence. It has been to date my observation and it has somewhat annoyed me that these girls are blantantly obvious with their agendas - ie. would ignore me and my gal pals and sideline my friend who is a Hong Kong chinese guy in favour of the "white" expat males.

Thus far, I have received half a dozen PMs indicating that this view is held by quite a few people and I am just kinda saying "the emperor has no clothes" ... and maybe the truth hurts ....

So, if you are one of these SG, please do muster up some self respct.. after all we (as expats) are out here to make new friends and enjoy work/life in a new context.

Apologies for any offence caused.

dinki di, we are one big happy family here... at least so I think... :lol:

There's no hard feeling that stays for long, in any case, the booze always helps!!! :P