Singapore Expats Forum

Fortune Telling!!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Fortune Telling!!!!

Postby tiki » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:40 pm

If you have been approached by a man of indian origin ( local or foreign ) who claim can tell your fortune...

tell him, that you can tell his as well.

You can tell his favourite flower, color etc.

This is a sleight of hand conjob, be ware everyone!

Today I had another encounter and when I gave him that response he started to get shaky. I persisted even following him for a few steps...

He ran away.

They are usually of indian origin and they will show you photo of some temple backing their claim for a token amount in return for the fortune telling.

Of course the token amount is a set amount by them.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 9:10 pm

This is a weird,hilarious story ... (not too hilarious actually)!

About a decade ago, when i was in town i saw an indian fortune teller ..so out of curiousity i went up to him and ask him to read my palm.
So bla bla bla... he talk about studies,work etc and last but not least he told me that i would have 2 husband in my whole life?? #-o

Sheesh that was a shocked to my system that day!

Curiuosity kills the cat ....as they say ](*,)

RYG
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Fortune Telling!!!!

Postby EADG » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 9:28 pm

yeah Tiki, one such approached me a year and a half ago at Plaza Singapura, he caught me at a bad time when I was going though a nasty job change so I was more easily (nearly) duped

Indian (so he said) guy, a 'traveller', did not live here, long hair like a sikh

sat me down, asked some things like birth date, etc., did some calculations, at one point he asked me to name my favorite flower, so being a typical guy and not having one, wrote 'hibiscus', being the surfer that I am and that being among things Hawaiian - plus I knew he would never come up with that one

when he read what he had wrote (rose), he passed it off by saying something like, 'well, most people chose rose or (whatever)"

so I entertained his act a little further, he gave me a nut or cone from a local tree, said to always carry it for good luck

when after showing me the book you mentioned, asked for a donation, but did not speak it, just said 'some people pay' (points to the number '300'), 'some pay' (points to number '200') and others pay (points to the number '100')

I told him I would meet him here the same time the following week, and if what he offered in good luck happened, I'd pay him his 300 THEN

needless to say....

tiki wrote:If you have been approached by a man of indian origin ( local or foreign ) who claim can tell your fortune...

tell him, that you can tell his as well.

You can tell his favourite flower, color etc.

This is a sleight of hand conjob, be ware everyone!

Today I had another encounter and when I gave him that response he started to get shaky. I persisted even following him for a few steps...

He ran away.

They are usually of indian origin and they will show you photo of some temple backing their claim for a token amount in return for the fortune telling.

Of course the token amount is a set amount by them.
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 2:16 pm

Seriously, what were you guys thinking? For him to tell you your fortune?

Why encourage him at all in the first place?

...and if you were curious to find out what he is up to then I think it is rather naive for one to not expect to be (attempted to be) duped.....

tiki
Reporter
Reporter

Postby tiki » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 2:34 pm

Kats_ wrote:Seriously, what were you guys thinking? For him to tell you your fortune?

Why encourage him at all in the first place?

...and if you were curious to find out what he is up to then I think it is rather naive for one to not expect to be (attempted to be) duped.....

I guess we had time to spare in between posting here...

what other 'reasons' could there be? :wink:
'If you feel alive

in a darkened room

Do you know the name

of your solitude..'

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Tue, 18 Apr 2006 2:52 pm

tiki wrote:I guess we had time to spare in between posting here...

I didnt knw you did that!

I usually get meself a hot cup of tea, flick through radio channels, (more lately) whine and winge over the weather amongst other things in between postings....

Wonder what the rest do.