Singapore Expats

Organ donor

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
serendipity
Regular
Regular

Organ donor

Post by serendipity » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:21 pm

I'm thinking to apply to be an organ donor, shall anything happens to me *knock wood 2x*
Well I won't use the organs anymore if something happens, so if they're still useful, why not...
Was just wondering if it'd be an easy procedure without any complication or is there anything else to consider about?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Organ donor

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:46 pm

serendipity wrote:I'm thinking to apply to be an organ donor, shall anything happens to me *knock wood 2x*
Well I won't use the organs anymore if something happens, so if they're still useful, why not...
Was just wondering if it'd be an easy procedure without any complication or is there anything else to consider about?
It's a rather simple procedure and your local physician can help you to do it with no problem. I am a long time organ doners in the US but for some reason never bothered to do it here although I should. I've taken the necessary steps to file a DNR with several hospitals here but for some reason never bothered about the organ doner thing. Guess I never figured I'd be here 20+ years either.

If you are religious or your family is this is one consideration to bear in mind. Actually, that's about the only one you have to deal with externally, the rest is internally in your own heart.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:52 am

Just as a matter of interest can non PR's do it here? Is it as simple as the card we have back home in Australia? Does anyone know what the procedure is? :???:
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Dunk
Regular
Regular

Post by Dunk » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:28 am

You'll be in competition with the chinese... :???:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4921116.stm