Singapore Expats Forum

Cathay Pacific Airlines

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
benedictz

Postby benedictz » Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:15 am

but for singaporean to apply for hong kong ROA***, somehow will cause violation to singapore citizenship? aniwei, the whole selection will be in hong kong cathay city, and one must be in hong kong between application to first interview, as HR will need to clarify some details with you personally, so those without hong kong contact number can actually forget about it coz i just blow the thing up.

komi
Regular
Regular

Postby komi » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:09 am

Last edited by komi on Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sharkie8480
Regular
Regular

Postby sharkie8480 » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 7:28 pm

I dun think they would allow that! I know that in Japan, if the immigration people find out about it, they'd ban u from entering for a certain period of time, so I doubt HK would allow it?

komi
Regular
Regular

Postby komi » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 8:01 pm

oops.. hehe

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 8:17 pm

komi wrote:if i stay in HK for 5 years.. but always on travel visa.. leaving to another country every 3 months. can i apply for right of abode after full 7 years?

I think Sharkie is right the point is you must have the right to live in Hong Kong by way of employment or marriage and very likely little else, best to forget about it and stick with your own country where you can apply to whom you care to.

Plavt.

komi
Regular
Regular

Postby komi » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 8:31 pm

Plavt wrote:
komi wrote:if i stay in HK for 5 years.. but always on travel visa.. leaving to another country every 3 months. can i apply for right of abode after full 7 years?

I think Sharkie is right the point is you must have the right to live in Hong Kong by way of employment or marriage and very likely little else, best to forget about it and stick with your own country where you can apply to whom you care to.

Plavt.

ya true,, i was quite bored in HK cos can't work
SG is nice place to settle down afterall

benedictz

erm? 5 yrs?

Postby benedictz » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 4:43 pm

i got my ROA after 7 yrs and when did it become 5 yrs?

icequeenz

Postby icequeenz » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 1:33 am

it has always been 7 and it's still 7 yrs.
'5yrs' is juz an example..

hkttchoi

Postby hkttchoi » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 4:45 pm

hi fellows, I am from hk and was attracted to this thread titled Cathay Pacific. Here are some clues about their salary calculation method:

CX (06年開始入職):

Hourly rate (block hours): From the minute the engine start right after the aircraft took a turn to the runway until 15 min after engine shut down

1. 100.x (under probation)
2. 110.7 (after probation but under first contract)
3. 150.3 (perm rate after contract renewal)

Ground duty: From briefing time (i.e. duty start) to the minute that the aircraft turns to the runway and transit time

Half of hourly rate (respective to the crew member's hourly rate)

Outport allowance: depends on which port and length of stay

Monthly salary: hourly rate + ground duty +outport allowance + duty commission

(quoted from hkfa.net)

To compare CX with SQ, SQ's salary is indeed higher than CX for entry level. SQ is about HKD17500 where CX is about HKD15000( told by a senior manager on a local tv news), which is a difference of about SD500.

But it was heard that CX can swap flight easier than SQ, so the harder you work, the more you can earn!

ahh_tiff

Postby ahh_tiff » Sat, 16 Sep 2006 6:11 am

hi all, i m new & from HK... I was interested by the topic "Cathay"

I m a current CX FA.... hope the info I provide my help.

well... company seems didn't empoly any singaporean crew in the pass decade... those SIN crew are all aalready promoted as First Purser (crew in red blouse or blue tie) but never say never...

just compare the salary with my fd who r wroking in SQ... seems SQ base is lower then us but SQ's flt pattern is longer then us therefore allowence is more then CX for sure...

nowaday the company keep reduce the salary of horuly paid crew... I was joined in 05 & the salary is 10 HKD higher then 06 joined crew... just wonder many people still would like to take a place as a crew even the company reduce the salary to HKD$8X per hr...

we do hv 5 swaps quota for every month, we can swap flts we would like to operate (of coz all approved swap must fit the swap regulation) , most of our crew hate to operate SIN flts & trying to swap away coz of the picky singaporean... SIN flts is okie for me as long as u got the right attitude & always back to the pax if they hv any request... also I love to staying in Singapore too!

if u guys hv any question pls dun hesitate to ask & I'll try my best to provide the ans :wink:

cheers.

EddieJB

Hi

Postby EddieJB » Mon, 18 Sep 2006 6:45 pm

ahh_tiff wrote:hi all, i m new & from HK... I was interested by the topic "Cathay"

I m a current CX FA.... hope the info I provide my help.

well... company seems didn't empoly any singaporean crew in the pass decade... those SIN crew are all aalready promoted as First Purser (crew in red blouse or blue tie) but never say never...

just compare the salary with my fd who r wroking in SQ... seems SQ base is lower then us but SQ's flt pattern is longer then us therefore allowence is more then CX for sure...

nowaday the company keep reduce the salary of horuly paid crew... I was joined in 05 & the salary is 10 HKD higher then 06 joined crew... just wonder many people still would like to take a place as a crew even the company reduce the salary to HKD$8X per hr...

we do hv 5 swaps quota for every month, we can swap flts we would like to operate (of coz all approved swap must fit the swap regulation) , most of our crew hate to operate SIN flts & trying to swap away coz of the picky singaporean... SIN flts is okie for me as long as u got the right attitude & always back to the pax if they hv any request... also I love to staying in Singapore too!

if u guys hv any question pls dun hesitate to ask & I'll try my best to provide the ans :wink:

cheers.

Thx for sharing..Btw, cathay airways do hire the FA base London ritez....Would u like to share this with me...
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

ahh_tiff

Re: Hi

Postby ahh_tiff » Sun, 24 Sep 2006 5:53 pm

EddieJB wrote:Thx for sharing..Btw, cathay airways do hire the FA base London ritez....Would u like to share this with me...

hi all just fly back from JFK... totally exhausted aft the 16 hrs direct flt back to HK. I'd love to sharing things in CX to u guys.

CX has 3 outport bases so far, they are: LHR, YVR, YTO, and the forth base: SFO will b opened at the end of 2006.

the reason why the company keep opening bases is to reduce the operational cost... also the hotel we stay in outport r keep changing, quality getting worse & far away from downtown... just wonder SQ has more route then us however hvn;t heard them to open any outport bases... also accroding to my fd, the hotel which they staying are all settle in downtown & brand-name hotels tooo...

ohh... how come the company treat us soo bad??? :cry:
Ladies & Gentleman, Cafe Pathetic Airways welcomes u onboard...

EddieJB

Hi

Postby EddieJB » Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:13 pm

Dear ahh_tiff:

May I ask you a question, what do mean of LHR, YVR, YTO, and SFO?
It sounds like places name, was it?
Air Asia- Now Everyone Can Fly

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi

Postby singaporegrrl » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 1:09 am

EddieJB wrote:Dear ahh_tiff:

May I ask you a question, what do mean of LHR, YVR, YTO, and SFO?
It sounds like places name, was it?

They are the IATA 3-Letter airport codes. Very crucial knowledge when you become a flight attendant.

LHR = London Heathrow
YVR = Vancouver
YTO = Toronto
SFO = San Francisco

Of course, this is something you should know:
SIN = Singapore
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

ahh_tiff

Postby ahh_tiff » Thu, 28 Sep 2006 4:45 pm

thanks for singaporegrrl detailed explanation! :D
Ladies & Gentleman, Cafe Pathetic Airways welcomes u onboard...