Singapore Expats Forum

Short term employment pass / employment pass problems?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

katieewer

Short term employment pass / employment pass problems?

Postby katieewer » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 9:33 am

I am currently on a Social Visit Pass in Singapore but will probably begin work on an EP in June. That leaves me 2 months so I wanted to work somewhere else (different company, but also in Singapore) for a month or so, using a Short Term Employment Pass to do so.
Has anyone done something similar and did they find they had problems with their EP because of the fact that they had previously held a Short Term Employment Pass?
I have been on the MOM and ICA websites, but they don't really cover that sort of detail, and first hand experience is much more useful!

Thanks.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Employment

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 19 Apr 2006 3:31 am

Short-term social pass, by the name itself state'z it's a social visit pass not for employment and its against the laws to do so.

If you need to work till your pass gets approved, get in touch with the PR officer @ the immigration office and try to accquire a Temporary-employment pass. That should allow you to work for a specified amount of time.
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....