Singapore Expats Forum

anyone know any beach resort i can rent boat ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Baron Greenback » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:40 pm

I imagine a 'Tuk boy' to be a 'tuck boy' - someone you might send to the tuck shop at school to go & buy sweets for you.

I'll have a quarter of penny chews please, some black jacks, fruit salads, ufos & a couple packets of space raiders - whoo hoo old sweets! :D

You can have a 10p tip if you are quick :wink:
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

tuk boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 22 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby tuk boy » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:40 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:I imagine a 'Tuk boy' to be a 'tuck boy' - someone you might send to the tuck shop at school to go & buy sweets for you.

I'll have a quarter of penny chews please, some black jacks, fruit salads, ufos & a couple packets of space raiders - whoo hoo old sweets! :D

You can have a 10p tip if you are quick :wink:

hahah, nice try bro.. i like the way u think..
:P

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:44 pm

And here I was thinking he was a Thai import (half of a Tuk-Tuk driver?)

tuk boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 22 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby tuk boy » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 2:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And here I was thinking he was a Thai import (half of a Tuk-Tuk driver?)

hehe, yea.. you got it :wink:

tukboy = a boy driving tuktuk...
:cool:

tuk boy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 22 Nov 2005
Contact:

Postby tuk boy » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 2:02 pm

anyway, what's with my name???

Wham
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Wham » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 1:13 pm

Well for starters, it sounds kind of demeaning - Like "Water boy" or "Shoe Shine Boy" or just plain "Boy" - and for that matter oddly similar to "Boy George" - but of course, who am i to speak...
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." Samuel Johnson

User avatar
CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby CardZeus » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 1:19 pm

Wham wrote:Well for starters, it sounds kind of demeaning - Like "Water boy" or "Shoe Shine Boy" or just plain "Boy" - and for that matter oddly similar to "Boy George" - but of course, who am i to speak...


Indeed...


Image
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: phychirpy11 and 1 guest