Singapore Expats Forum

anyone know any beach resort i can rent boat ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

tuk boy
Regular
Regular

anyone know any beach resort i can rent boat ?

Postby tuk boy » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 3:43 pm

i have lisence...

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 9:47 pm

Try again tuk boy, but this time a full sentence?

Eric

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 9:56 pm

Are you sotong Eric? :P

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:01 pm

You then sotong lah! :D

Nah, just in a sarcastic mood, I have no idea why that is by the way, doesn't happen so often to me... :-|

Eric

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:07 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Try again tuk boy, but this time a full sentence?

Eric

So, Eric... I can clearly read between the subject title and the body that the man wants to rent a boat; further, he is clear that he holds the captain's license necessary to operate a boat in Singapore waters.

Are you having a problem comprehending this? A captain's license is required in Singapore to operate virtually any craft. He wants to know if people rent the same.

PS: What is a "tuk boy"? Sounds denigrating to me... but since I don't know what it is, perhaps you will inform me.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:15 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Try again tuk boy, but this time a full sentence?

Eric

So, Eric... I can clearly read between the subject title and the body that the man wants to rent a boat; further, he is clear that he holds the captain's license necessary to operate a boat in Singapore waters.

Are you having a problem comprehending this? A captain's license is required in Singapore to operate virtually any craft. He wants to know if people rent the same.

PS: What is a "tuk boy"? Sounds denigrating to me... but since I don't know what it is, perhaps you will inform me.

OP's name SE: Tuk Boy. :)

You sotong SE? :P

Eric

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:23 pm

Got the 'Tuk Boy"... still don't understand the need for a clearer definition.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:39 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Got the 'Tuk Boy"... still don't understand the need for a clearer definition.

replace "the need for a clearer definition" with "a wish for a complete sentence", no more, no less.

Eric

ps. Had a bad day SE? :roll:

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:52 pm

Having "Chartered" yachts many times before in the UK, I do have to concur slightly with Eric that alot more info is required before reponding e.g

1, I'm assuming you are looking for "beach resorts" in Singapore?
2, Are you looking to Charter a Yacht or Motor Cruiser?
3, What lenght of charter are you looking for? Therefore number of berths required?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:13 pm

From my reading of the OP, I'd say he just wants to rent a speedboat for terrorizing the swimmers, wakeboarding, skiing, etc. His mode of posting just doesn't seem like the motor cruiser type. Not sure where he is from though. What with his spelling of License.

If he would want a motor cruiser he should go the the Singapore Yacht Club where this is possible albiet expensive. With his rather rudimentary english I would say he probably only has a single engine license as well. Twin Engines yachts are much more easy to dock but I doubt that he's looking for a moored party location.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:17 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Got the 'Tuk Boy"... still don't understand the need for a clearer definition.

replace "the need for a clearer definition" with "a wish for a complete sentence", no more, no less.

Eric

Yes... sentences are a good thing... as Saint noted, more info is needed. Just don't know if the fellow has English as a second language or is another lazy SMS'er. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

PS: Had a good day... every day that I wake up not dead is a good day.

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:19 pm

Strong Eagle wrote: every day that I wake up not dead is a good day.

framed and on top of the bed SE! :)

Eric

tuk boy
Regular
Regular

Postby tuk boy » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:09 am

sorry for lack of info, i was wondering if there is any beach resort where i can rent a speedboat outside singapore waters ?

tuk boy
Regular
Regular

Postby tuk boy » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:12 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:

Eric

Yes... sentences are a good thing... as Saint noted, more info is needed. Just don't know if the fellow has English as a second language or is another lazy SMS'er. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

PS: Had a good day... every day that I wake up not dead is a good day.

i'm the latter :lol:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 6:50 am

tuk boy wrote:sorry for lack of info, i was wondering if there is any beach resort where i can rent a speedboat outside singapore waters ?

Check out Nongsa Point resort in Batam.