Singapore Expats Forum

Tab TV, back to the medieval ages....

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:23 am

SMS, sorry for the lost & thanks for sharing :)

This is my opinion. You can't cut away one's curiosity. Some women desire sex more than men. Is young boys allow to explore sex at a young age? Are they being taught properly? taking precaution? It's not about young boys or gals, having sex at a fairly early age. It's whether they are fully aware of their action & taken precaution?

The value of a human life(of many) & having safe sex.

I will not judge others on the way they choose to live their life, just wish they learn how to treasure themselves(& others) more, by taking precaution. Also to know the chain of consequences if they do not take responsibility to have safe sex.

P.S. I am very tired today, might not make sense if I read this later :lol:

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:40 am

Global Citizen wrote:What is scary is that both girls seem very promiscuous and if everything is to be taken at face value, started their sexual exploits at a fairly young age. Now having achieved a cetain level of notoriety, one has to wonder where are the parents in all of this?

Why is being promiscuous so wrong as such? If you and your 'partner' agree, then what is the problem there? I would rather say it is about being honest to eachother. If you both know about eachother's desires and agree to do so, what is wrong? :?

I was 16 years odl when I lost my virginity, just the same age as this Izzy. Big deal? :?

Good parents will guide you, support you and teach you how to, if you want it. At whatever age, I don't consider 16 to be a problem as such... Izzy said it on the show and I agree: according to the law, it is legal. Sexually you are considered mature.

Eric

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 1:12 pm

Eric,

I, like yourself, was only 16. Big deal? Yeah it was! :mrgreen: back then anyway. Needless to say, over the past 40+ years or so it's rather academic now, after surviving the flower power generation and having lost count somewhere in the '70's.

The problem with physical (sexual) maturity is that it doesn't make you mentally mature. Neither does it make you a responsible adult. Being promiscuous is morally wrong. Being sexually active (sexually active and promiscuous are not the same) at a young age isn't really wrong per se as long as they do recognize the responsibilities that go with it (this I doubt very much).

Were you prepared for that young girl getting pregnant lo those many years ago? I wasn't - never gave it a thought. The other head was doing all the thinking. And me - all those years between 1963 and 1975 before Herpes & Aids? Never gave it a thought. Well into adulthood by then. Just because something is the law doesn't always make it (morally) right.

I do feel for her parents as well. She is the one with the notoriety now. How do the parents, who probably raised her the best that they knew how, explain their daughter having the morals of an alleycat. After the guys have used her up, what next? The next Annabelle Chong? I understand that she (Annabelle) has been going to a shrink now for a number of years. If Izzy is lucky that that's all the problem she'll have. Otherwise, at the rate she is going, she could end up like my Sis-in-law. The only problem is she wont even know who it was. Just think of all the embarassment when they have to do the backtracing and notification of all her partners (who may well have gotten married in the meantime). Tis a twisted web we weave in todays world.

I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong here. There are no answers. Each one has to make their own bed in this world and then they have to sleep in it. And as you inferred, it takes two to tango. It's just the innocent wives or husbands who get caught up in the web without knowing it, or worse still, like my neice, the children.

sms

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 2:00 pm

So you're implying I must be pretty screwed up myself sms, is it? :mrgreen:

Eric

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 2:40 pm

Not quite as old as SMS :D but I'm from the pre-AIDs era too. We did all the things then that these allegedly out of control kids are doing today, condoms were something yukky that you only used if you hadn't got round to going on the Pill, and we didn't have the internet to brag on or camera phones for evidence.

Also I don't believe everything I read on blogs. :roll:

CardZeus
Chatter
Chatter

Postby CardZeus » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 2:49 pm

One thing that's always bugged me about Sexually Transmitted Diseases - if you can only catch them from having sex with someone who already has it - how did the first person get it???

Similarly with malaria - can only be transmitted by a mosquito biting an already infected person then biting you?????
The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 3:28 pm

Next thing is black screen, white bold text saying that HIV is increasing in Singapore. 30% of them showed to be homosexual.

(Imho that means still 70% is heterosexual, but this of course is not the message the government here wants to send through).

I suddenly felt back in the 1800's......

Agree Eric, although I would question your maths - you are forgetting the other ways of catching it, sharing needles, blood transfusions, mother to unborn child etc.

Good question CZ. I remember hearing that AIDS started in monkeys. So i leave it up to your own imagination as to how it crossed over :o
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 3:52 pm

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Why is being promiscuous so wrong as such? If you and your 'partner' agree, then what is the problem there?

Eric

Promiscuity means: having frequent casual relationships: mixed and indiscreet, colloquially: carelessly. This is what GC meant not sex with the same partner.

Plavt.
Last edited by Plavt on Mon, 10 Apr 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 4:47 pm

So you're implying I must be pretty screwed up myself sms, is it? :mrgreen:

Eric

Methinks I included myself there as well didn't I! So far, we've both survived and can relegate that to different lifetimes yes? :wink:

Oh yeah - seasider! .......for the wisecrack....... :tongue: :mrgreen:
welcome back again!

sms

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:31 pm

Plavt wrote:
Eric from the Netherlands wrote:Why is being promiscuous so wrong as such? If you and your 'partner' agree, then what is the problem there?

Eric

Promiscuity means: having frequent casual relationships: mixed and indiscreet, colloquially: carelessly. This is what GC meant not sex with the same partner.

Plavt.

Exactly.

Seasider, I agree about not taking everything written in blogs as factual; which is why I was prudent and used the phrase "at face value."

The key difference between young teens of yesteryears and the teens of today is that a lot more sexual information is available today to them and yet many still make dangerous choices in spite of this. SMS rightly inferred that mental maturity is lacking.
One man's meat is another's poison.