Singapore Expats Forum

anyone coming back Sydney soon ?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Laura

anyone coming back Sydney soon ?

Postby Laura » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:25 am

Can I get you to bring me some of Watsons facial Mask which cost around 2 SGD each when you are coming to Sydney ? I will pay you dollar for dollar in AUD plus a cup of coffee in North sydney. I need around 20 to 30 pieces.

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Uh??

Postby joop » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:47 am

:shock:
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:18 pm

If you check some more of her postings, you'd see Laura is clearly "confused".... :-|

Eric

Laura

why am I confused ??

Postby Laura » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 3:30 pm

Eric,

Why am I confused while I think I have a clear mind ???? :???:

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 3:51 pm

Now I am confused :-|
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

Laura

Don't be confused, everyone

Postby Laura » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 9:16 pm

Don't be confused, everyone.

Didn't want to go to Singapore just for those facial masks. I am asking there is anyone coming back to Sydney and if can bring some back, I will pay for them in Sydney etc...

Not a big deal

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Re: Don't be confused, everyone

Postby dot dot dot » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:52 pm

Laura wrote:Not a big deal

But still veeery confusing....

Eric

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Items

Postby joop » Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:40 pm

Seems really odd as I don't think anyone would actually do you this favour..you can call upon your friends or relatives to get them from Singapore for you, otherwise, try Classifieds or Auction pages.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 2:20 am

Eric from the Netherlands wrote:If you check some more of her postings, you'd see Laura is clearly "confused".... :-|

Eric

Hee, hee, hee. You crack me up Mr. Eric.

From a female standpoint, running out of facial masks can be a real emergency driving one to such desperation as to posting one's request on the singaporeexpats forum.

And sometimes, we are so used to a certain brand of product that substitutions are not acceptable. I have friends who would have their moms ship personal items (e.g. sanitary napkins) to USA as they cannot find the same brand here. However, this is becoming less of a problem nowadays as more Asian grocery stores have sprang up.

BTW, welcome back. It is good to see you come back in good spirit.

Joop, I believe Laura does not personally know of anyone going to Sydney, which is why she is posting this in a public forum. And I don't even know if she's a Singaporean to have relatives in SG.

Here's a little empathy from another female:

Laura, are you saying there is no disposable masks in Sydney? Or no other brand is good enough for you aside from the good ole Asian brand from Watson stores? Come to think of it, I have not come across disposable masks in the US either. Wondering if it is an Asian thing.

Perhaps you may want to visit www.flowerpod.com where the boardies will be more receptive to your request. It is a board for SG girls to share their passion for all things beautiful, from Louis Vuitton to the the most flattering makeup eye color for Asian girls. They are a very sweet bunch of gals who will not hesitate to help out another gal in her quest to look beautiful. If you are lucky, someone over there may be heading to Sydney.

Or else, try contacting the main Watson office and see if they will ship to you. I believe the individual stores will probably not ship overseas. This is just based on my personal experience. I have inquired withl sales rep at Kose cosmetic counters and the other Japanese brands if they will ship to USA and they don't. Here's linky on the Watson's main site:

http://www.aswatson.com/eng/retail_hb_watson.html

The site provides some interesting information about Watsons, a retailer that caters to the daily needs of SG. The chian is actually owned by the Hong Kong tycoon Li Ka Shing.

Good luck to you :D .

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:06 pm

What's with the facial mask bit anyway? What is it? A skin whitener like SKII? If so then that's why you don't see them in the US or Aus. Overly white skin look morgueish to me. "The palor of death" very unhealthy looking to say to least. :?

But if she is trying to cover up her face than why not just use a paper bag? If it's for moisturising by using a paper bag she only needs to carry a little atomizer bottle to re-wet the paper. 8-)

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But if she is trying to cover up her face than why not just use a paper bag?

!!!!!!

EADG
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EADG » Sun, 09 Apr 2006 1:42 pm

some great stuff in those links, BTW, here's a couple that jumped out:

http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/inde ... opic=22061

http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/inde ... opic=21581

http://www.flowerpod.com.sg/forums/inde ... opic=10960

great, now we can get some things from the other side demystified.....

Laura

Postby Laura » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 7:08 am

Didn't say I can't find them in Sydney. Have you thought about I am looking for cheaper source ? If you have even been to Singapore or still living there, you know most of goods are much cheaper in many ways.

No argument about put paper bag over the face, drip water on it etc. It can be done. But still it is handy when manufacturer already adds everything you need into one piece and all you need to do is opent the bag.

Anyway, it is not a big deal for me if I found someone or not to help.

Thanx for all of links tho.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 9:59 am

Woooooossssssshhhhhhh! :wink:

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Postby earthfriendly » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:27 pm

Laura, it is good to see you in such good spirit despite all the fun-poking directly at you :wink: .