Singapore Expats Forum

Imagine

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Imagine

Postby Ling2 » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 8:55 am

I can't say I am not disappointed though I really don't know you all, but I thought you guys are smart enough to know better. There's all kind or type of people living among us, be it at the forum or in real life. When will you all learn to accept one another as they are? Values are not gender or race exclusive, no one has better value than the other, it's just different, no one has sovereignty on EXCELLENCE. We can all learn from each other...

Too much love for our fellow countryman? (as quote by earthfriendly)

All I can say is..you guys got way too much PRIDE. Too much pride in speaking english fluently, too much pride to taking other's view and opinion/beliefs. Too much pride in seeing the GOOD of others... Oh, I do think you guys spent too much time in here, thus got too personal - WIMH & MHB reminds me of daughter in law & mother in law conflicts, would be a diasaster to live between you two. :P :P :P

Ok, I thought I am the child in here, but THANKS for setting good example you all! :-| This is all you going to teach your kids!

I still believe the purpose in life is to spread joy, other things doesn't matter so much. A bunch of babies I say! worst than my engineers!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Right, I feel better now, thanks for all the help provided and opinion shared. I am a dreamer and will forever be. Here's a song to share with you all.

Imagine (John Lennon) Sang by Eva Cassidy(such a soulful singer she was!)

Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You you may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us
And the world will live as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all of the world

You you may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day You’ll join us

You may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope some day you’ll join us

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 11:19 am

Ling, I'm optimistic that given time, things will fall into place once more.

This may not be such a bad thing in the end as people leave for a while with time to reflect and come back renewed and recharged. Sometimes things go in cycles.
One man's meat is another's poison.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:12 pm

Global Citizen wrote:Ling, I'm optimistic that given time, things will fall into place once more.

This may not be such a bad thing in the end as people leave for a while with time to reflect and come back renewed and recharged. Sometimes things go in cycles.

Agreed. And I need a break! You have no idea the amount of PM's I've written and answered in the past 4 days to those on the board and behind the board. . .

A big thank you to both of you and all the others that remain for still being here and putting up with the crap. Those of us that do remain value your participation - whether we always agree or not is immaterial. It's the verbal intercourse that matters! :mrgreen:

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Global Citizen » Thu, 06 Apr 2006 9:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
A big thank you to both of you and all the others that remain for still being here and putting up with the crap. Those of us that do remain value your participation - whether we always agree or not is immaterial. It's the verbal intercourse that matters! :mrgreen:

Thanks SMS.
One man's meat is another's poison.

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Postby renter » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 9:32 am

I don't see people falling out as something serious.
Everyone once in a while needs a break. They are taking their breaks.

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ling2 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 9:38 am

:) Thanks for the head up :mrgreen: No worries, I just thought they need some spanking :P :P :P Sure they can go sulk at their corners :roll:

Anyway I hope I get to laugh more in the future :D (hint hint to those lurking creatures)

Baron Greenback
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Baron Greenback » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:37 am

A spanking! a spanking!

Castle Anthrax here we come!
"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
Hemingway

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:59 am

Ling2 wrote::) Thanks for the head up :mrgreen: No worries, I just thought they need some spanking :P :P :P Sure they can go sulk at their corners :roll:

Anyway I hope I get to laugh more in the future :D (hint hint to those lurking creatures)

Ling, you can spank me anyday, provided your headlights light the way! :P

Oh, the smilie can have to meanings as well. :mrgreen:

diu6er

Postby diu6er » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:37 am

at times will feel down also n

just try to talk it out n u will feel better

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Re: Imagine

Postby earthfriendly » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:42 am

Ling2 wrote:

All I can say is..you guys got way too much PRIDE. Too much pride in speaking english fluently, too much pride to taking other's view and opinion/beliefs. Too much pride in seeing the GOOD of others...

Not sure where you are coming from. It is not always about PRIDE. For some, it is about the hurt. And for others, it is about defending what they truly belief to be good in their heart.

It is about human frailty :wink: .

Ling2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Imagine

Postby Ling2 » Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:03 pm

earthfriendly wrote:
Ling2 wrote:

All I can say is..you guys got way too much PRIDE. Too much pride in speaking english fluently, too much pride to taking other's view and opinion/beliefs. Too much pride in seeing the GOOD of others...

Not sure where you are coming from. It is not always about PRIDE. For some, it is about the hurt. And for others, it is about defending what they truly belief to be good in their heart.

It is about human frailty :wink: .

It has a lot to do with PRIDE.

If you really do LOVE, hurting would not stop you from giving love.
If you really do BELIEVE, you won't walk away from what you defend.

It's the passion that drives you on, it's the pride that you can't swallow that's stop you from loving, that stop you from defending.

I am not aiming this on anyone, it's human, yes but we have given ourselves too many excuses too often.

Return to “General Discussions”