Singapore Expats Forum

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Sun, 28 Jan 2007 3:18 pm

perhaps the quiet girl is the look they are looking for? i don`t know, but you really don`t know what the interviewers are looking for, sometimes!

flyaway

Postby flyaway » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 2:34 pm

xmischax, you're right... as the Open Day selection was carried out by the agency, what they mostly did was to shortlist the candidates based on appearance. I know, this may not seem fair to some, but on an ocassion such as Open Day where there is a large crowd and only several hours to shortlist about 15% walk-in, that's what they do - they assess based on looks. I believe most decisions are made once you walk in, have your height taken... the first impresions. This explains why some girls who didn't speak up at all may get chosen. Likewise, a promising lady could ruin her chances if she is overly dominating at the screening discussion.

You can say it's nasty but that's one of the main criteria Emirates emphasised on anyway. So there, grooming is tops at Emirates Open Day, I dare say. :)

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Postby niennaanarion » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 8:11 pm

emirates doesnt go for looks tho. not like SIA. they do not go for heights either.. i have a friend who works for emirates and she cant even reach 212 cm tip toe. but i agree for body gesture on how u walk, talk.. and observe.. i dont think they go for quiet people, SIA cabin crew are more reserved, emirates cabin crew are more easygoing..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Mon, 29 Jan 2007 8:25 pm

i`ve heard that emirates go for the intellecture aspect more than looks. but you really can`t say for sure when it`s not emirates staff doing the selection, you know!

flyaway

Postby flyaway » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:12 am

I'll have to agree, in this part of the world where Emirates recruitment take place, Open Days are taken care of by an agency. They pre-screened the candidates before the Emirates people comes to assess the candidates further... then they will test communication, language and some IQ skills.

It may have been different if the EK folks were here from the very first screening.

What I mentioned earlier was just what I heard and experienced at the Open Day. That's how the agency shortlist the hundreds of candidates before Emirates officers arrive.

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Postby Flyer » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 1:07 am

niennaanarion wrote:emirates doesnt go for looks tho. not like SIA. they do not go for heights either.. i have a friend who works for emirates and she cant even reach 212 cm tip toe. but i agree for body gesture on how u walk, talk.. and observe.. i dont think they go for quiet people, SIA cabin crew are more reserved, emirates cabin crew are more easygoing..

Hi niennaanarion,

Regarding the height issue, they are strict about it now. There was this lady in my group spoke well during the discussion, was asked to measure her height again while we were waiting for results. She was not selected as she could not reach the height. Reading through previous threads, Flawa who had went to final round, had mentioned to stretch as much as possible (above 212cm). :wink:
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

xmischax
Reporter
Reporter

Postby xmischax » Tue, 30 Jan 2007 6:56 am

i don`t even think i can reach 212! :lol: cos if i`m not mistaken, the sia requirement is 1.58m and 208.

but yeahh. the emirates officers wouldn`t want to come down and spend extra time looking at candidates that does not fit requirements. just like when sia do by invitation only interviews overseas, candidates are screened too.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Emirates cabin crew recruitment video

Postby M » Sun, 04 Feb 2007 11:54 pm

niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Postby niennaanarion » Fri, 09 Feb 2007 7:44 pm

yeah already watched it on the briefing. hehehe.
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

flyaway

Emirates forum discussion

Postby flyaway » Sun, 11 Feb 2007 1:56 am

For those who might be interested, I chanced upon this forum http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259102. Here you can find details on company information and interview process. :wink:

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Emirates forum discussion

Postby Plavt » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 4:36 am

flyaway wrote:For those who might be interested, I chanced upon this forum http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259102. Here you can find details on company information and interview process. :wink:

....................and if you had bothered to look the same ground has been covered on this forum on numerous occasions. :roll:

llentimes
Regular
Regular

Postby llentimes » Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:14 pm

flyaway wrote:I'll have to agree, in this part of the world where Emirates recruitment take place, Open Days are taken care of by an agency. They pre-screened the candidates before the Emirates people comes to assess the candidates further... then they will test communication, language and some IQ skills.

It may have been different if the EK folks were here from the very first screening.

What I mentioned earlier was just what I heard and experienced at the Open Day. That's how the agency shortlist the hundreds of candidates before Emirates officers arrive.

The agency that does Emirates Open day Assessment has been working with Emirates (and other airline companies) for many years. Anyway Emirates is confident enough to let the agency pick and I am sure they know what kind of crews Emirates are looking for. Even if the EK recuiters are here in SG (i doubt they will), i think the cut-off will be more or less the same.

Why dont we just look at why we might have failed instead of why the aagency doesnt want to pick us?

:oops:
"Whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, beliving , ye shall receive" Mathew 21:22

rinnuwatanabe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby rinnuwatanabe » Mon, 11 Feb 2008 1:52 am

Flyer wrote:
niennaanarion wrote:emirates doesnt go for looks tho. not like SIA. they do not go for heights either.. i have a friend who works for emirates and she cant even reach 212 cm tip toe. but i agree for body gesture on how u walk, talk.. and observe.. i dont think they go for quiet people, SIA cabin crew are more reserved, emirates cabin crew are more easygoing..

Hi niennaanarion,

Regarding the height issue, they are strict about it now. There was this lady in my group spoke well during the discussion, was asked to measure her height again while we were waiting for results. She was not selected as she could not reach the height. Reading through previous threads, Flawa who had went to final round, had mentioned to stretch as much as possible (above 212cm). :wink:

Thats True, even one of my friends ever get elaminated on the first round coz of the reach test, but however you can just give it a shot!no harm trying anyway :wink:

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:28 am

I missed the 12th Jan interview, when will there be a next one? March?

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Fri, 15 Feb 2008 8:00 am

cowboyz wrote:I missed the 12th Jan interview, when will there be a next one? March?

tentively. now it will be on the 12th april.