Singapore Expats Forum

Emirates

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:03 pm

So i think Emirates prefer those from international airlines or non-budget airlines because of good service and Emirates want people who have dealt with people across the globe unlike budget carriers where the passengers are normally people who live in this region and very few people from US etc.

QM, i understood even before you explained to me. No offence.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:16 pm

Matt10 wrote:So i think Emirates prefer those from international airlines or non-budget airlines because of good service and Emirates want people who have dealt with people across the globe unlike budget carriers where the passengers are normally people who live in this region and very few people from US etc.



A good many foreigners fly on budget airlines both here and in Asia not to mention using an international airport. The crew therefore of both budget airlines and major carriers has experience of dealing with people of various nationalities. There is no evidence that suggest budget airlines give bad service.


Plavt.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:27 pm

I've been on both full-service and budget airlines. And they have different services. I have to tell budget airline did a quite poor job. Something that i cant forget was, there that was a small piece of faeces on the toilet seat! I told the stewardess and she didnt do anything until the plane landed in Singapore. I saw other passengers complaining to some of the cabin crew too.

Last year, in the Straits Times, 5 journalists flew on all the budget airlines and the best was Valuair. While the worst was Tiger.

What i mean is, in SIA, there are more European and American passengers. While in budget airlines, there are only 20 percent or less European and Americans onboard. So, international airline crew have dealt with more different kind of people than those in budget.
However, the reason why airlines like Jet Airways and Emirates prefer those from international airlines remains a mystery.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:51 pm

Matt10 wrote:I've been on both full-service and budget airlines. And they have different services. I have to tell budget airline did a quite poor job. Something that i cant forget was, there that was a small piece of faeces on the toilet seat! I told the stewardess and she didnt do anything until the plane landed in Singapore. I saw other passengers complaining to some of the cabin crew too.


While I cannot deny such things happen do remember this is your personal experience. Yes of course they have different services; the whole objective of a budget airline is to keep costs down.

Last year, in the Straits Times, 5 journalists flew on all the budget airlines and the best was Valuair. While the worst was Tiger.


This is the opinion of the journalists and not that of the public (at least you have not stated it was) which would in any event be more representative.
How was Valuair the best and Tiger the worst?

Plavt.

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 3:26 am

Matt10 wrote:I've been on both full-service and budget airlines. And they have different services. I have to tell budget airline did a quite poor job. Something that i cant forget was, there that was a small piece of faeces on the toilet seat! I told the stewardess and she didnt do anything until the plane landed in Singapore. I saw other passengers complaining to some of the cabin crew too.

Last year, in the Straits Times, 5 journalists flew on all the budget airlines and the best was Valuair. While the worst was Tiger.

What i mean is, in SIA, there are more European and American passengers. While in budget airlines, there are only 20 percent or less European and Americans onboard. So, international airline crew have dealt with more different kind of people than those in budget.
However, the reason why airlines like Jet Airways and Emirates prefer those from international airlines remains a mystery.


The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything. Passengers [LIKE YOU!] do that to make the situation worse for us. So, of course we need considerate passengers who have respect for us and for other passengers to have a clean and safe flight thats why the airline installed toilets bowls with flash for passengers to do their business NOT on the toilet seats. What do u expect? US? cabin crew to clean? EXCUSE ME, we are not there to clean away your SHIT on the toilet seat. Even if u ask a SQ stewardess if she wants to clean your SHIT after you have done your business, of course she would say... UNCONSIDERATE PASSENGER and curse behind your back. The most we could do is to close that toilet door for no entry for other passenger to enter the toilet. WE ARE NOT CLEANERS!!!!!!!

and MIND YOU, more and more budget carriers cabin crew got a job as a cabin crew in international carriers, ex: four of my seniors will be going to UA end of this month, three of my seniors joining Emirates, Four of my other seniors got a place in SQ.

DON'T just say as you wish and hurt people's feelings... just because you have bad experiences on budget carriers, ex: the SHIT on the toilet seats, doesn't mean we are good for nothing on flight. Without us, you got NO service and safety. What's more when you say some airlines are WORST. Look and watch out of your words.

Understand, this is a forum where people could speak from their minds.
But MATURE people know what kind of right words to use in explanation.

Just like singaporegrrl says, YOU ARE DAMN HURTFUL!

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 3:30 am

Matt10 wrote:I've been on both full-service and budget airlines. And they have different services. I have to tell budget airline did a quite poor job. Something that i cant forget was, there that was a small piece of faeces on the toilet seat! I told the stewardess and she didnt do anything until the plane landed in Singapore. I saw other passengers complaining to some of the cabin crew too.

Last year, in the Straits Times, 5 journalists flew on all the budget airlines and the best was Valuair. While the worst was Tiger.

What i mean is, in SIA, there are more European and American passengers. While in budget airlines, there are only 20 percent or less European and Americans onboard. So, international airline crew have dealt with more different kind of people than those in budget.
However, the reason why airlines like Jet Airways and Emirates prefer those from international airlines remains a mystery.


THE REASON WHY SIA HAVE MORE EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN PASSENGERS?

Because they fly to their country.

Why BUDGET airlines got have lesser European and American passengers?

Because they fly to only near regions.
And mind you TR700[to DARWIN] Have 99% Australian passengers...
Sooner or later more and more sectors to come for Australia and India.


Matt10: I think you have to do your research before making any threads on this forum. Most of your informations are all FALSE.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 3:51 am

queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:59 am

Plavt wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.


Plavt, what I meant was that cabin crew do clean the toilet but if there's shit on the toilet seats we can't do anything about it.
yes we do clean the toilet. But not SHIT on the toilet seats [I mean]

User avatar
tiki
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon, 22 Aug 2005
Location: third guy from the left
Contact:

Postby tiki » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:07 pm

..so if there is a blob of poo on the seat ( must be made of hard stuff considering the angle of the seat ), it will be left there till disembarkation? Only the cleaning staff will remove it?

I would like to know if cabin crew were specifically told, that is not in their job scope.
'If you feel alive
in a darkened room
Do you know the name
of your solitude..'

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:35 pm

queenie-me wrote:
Plavt wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.


Plavt, what I meant was that cabin crew do clean the toilet but if there's shit on the toilet seats we can't do anything about it.
yes we do clean the toilet. But not SHIT on the toilet seats [I mean]


Worse still, what would happen if a certain dish (heaven forbid) gave a sizeable portion of the passengers the sh1ts! lets assume they couldn't hold on long enough to get the little paper ring situated just right and were afraid to sit on the seat. Now all the toilets are seatshat. How? and it's 3 hours into a flight to new york (14 hr flight) not sh1tting for anybody for the next 11 hours because they don't clean toilets?

:oops!: :shit: Sorry, couldn't resist under the circumstances! :mrgreen:

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Plavt wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.


Plavt, what I meant was that cabin crew do clean the toilet but if there's shit on the toilet seats we can't do anything about it.
yes we do clean the toilet. But not SHIT on the toilet seats [I mean]


Worse still, what would happen if a certain dish (heaven forbid) gave a sizeable portion of the passengers the sh1ts! lets assume they couldn't hold on long enough to get the little paper ring situated just right and were afraid to sit on the seat. Now all the toilets are seatshat. How? and it's 3 hours into a flight to new york (14 hr flight) not sh1tting for anybody for the next 11 hours because they don't clean toilets?

:oops!: :shit: Sorry, couldn't resist under the circumstances! :mrgreen:


Thats why I say... only considerate passengers know how to do their business right. If you're a considerate passengers and you accidentally shit on the toilet seat you could actually clean your own shit.
And there's other toilets too u know...
Just come to think of it, why don't u become the cabin crew and clean someone's else shit. Then you know what I mean.

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:59 pm

tiki wrote:..so if there is a blob of poo on the seat ( must be made of hard stuff considering the angle of the seat ), it will be left there till disembarkation? Only the cleaning staff will remove it?

I would like to know if cabin crew were specifically told, that is not in their job scope.


We are not specifically told. Who do you think we are?
And yes, the cleaning staff have to remove it. That's their job scope. NOT A cabin crew.
Yes we do clean the toilets. We just make sure it doesn't give a horrible smell.

There's one flight where I got inconsiderate passengers who pee everywhere in the toilet. I guess he or she got no brains or just their parents doesn't teach them how to pee properly [WHAT A SHAME!]
What a shame to those who take as if Cabin Crew are their slave on board who can clean their shit of the toilet seat. How I wish they could actually take my place and face the inconsiderate passengers.

I got to admit that some passengers are really nice and they appericate us to be there. Very grateful to have that kind of passengers on board.

And please what do you know about Cabin Crew's job scope?
Last edited by queenie-me on Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:00 pm

queenie-me wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Plavt wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.


Plavt, what I meant was that cabin crew do clean the toilet but if there's shit on the toilet seats we can't do anything about it.
yes we do clean the toilet. But not SHIT on the toilet seats [I mean]


Worse still, what would happen if a certain dish (heaven forbid) gave a sizeable portion of the passengers the sh1ts! lets assume they couldn't hold on long enough to get the little paper ring situated just right and were afraid to sit on the seat. Now all the toilets are seatshat. How? and it's 3 hours into a flight to new york (14 hr flight) not sh1tting for anybody for the next 11 hours because they don't clean toilets?

:oops!: :shit: Sorry, couldn't resist under the circumstances! :mrgreen:


Thats why I say... only considerate passengers know how to do their business right. If you're a considerate passengers and you accidentally shit on the toilet seat you could actually clean your own shit.
And there's other toilets too u know...
Just come to think of it, why don't u become the cabin crew and clean someone's else shit. Then you know what I mean.


You really should learn when to keep quiet you know. I cleaned up the shit of two babies and raised the to adulthood. I cleaned up the shit of incontinent Mother in Law AND changed the diapers and bathed my Father in Law as well. So don't be afraid of getting your dainty little fingers dirty. That why they make rubber gloves. Please god, never let me have to fly with a primadonna like this one!

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
Plavt wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
The cabin crew can't do anything with faeces on the toilet seats. Even a international carrier cabin crew can't do anything.


Not true, the SQ stewards and stewardesses clean the toilets regularly throughout the flight - the less glamorous side of the job.

Plavt.


Plavt, what I meant was that cabin crew do clean the toilet but if there's shit on the toilet seats we can't do anything about it.
yes we do clean the toilet. But not SHIT on the toilet seats [I mean]


Worse still, what would happen if a certain dish (heaven forbid) gave a sizeable portion of the passengers the sh1ts! lets assume they couldn't hold on long enough to get the little paper ring situated just right and were afraid to sit on the seat. Now all the toilets are seatshat. How? and it's 3 hours into a flight to new york (14 hr flight) not sh1tting for anybody for the next 11 hours because they don't clean toilets?

:oops!: :shit: Sorry, couldn't resist under the circumstances! :mrgreen:


Thats why I say... only considerate passengers know how to do their business right. If you're a considerate passengers and you accidentally shit on the toilet seat you could actually clean your own shit.
And there's other toilets too u know...
Just come to think of it, why don't u become the cabin crew and clean someone's else shit. Then you know what I mean.


You really should learn when to keep quiet you know. I cleaned up the shit of two babies and raised the to adulthood. I cleaned up the shit of incontinent Mother in Law AND changed the diapers and bathed my Father in Law as well. So don't be afraid of getting your dainty little fingers dirty. That why they make rubber gloves. Please god, never let me have to fly with a primadonna like this one!


I seriously think you should be the cabin crew and let you feel the taste of passengers. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. BUT if you only know how disgusting it is to clean someone else shit [NOT FAMILY MEMBERS] not known people, I mean. Do you think it's fair for you as a Cabin Crew?
These passengers got the wrong idea for what are Cabin Crew for? I don't want to argue about this any longer. Just hate the fact that people are treating Cabin Crew with disrespect over some small matters and started complaining to the airline management. And yes, maybe we can't do anything about it. But JUST REMEMBER, we are there for your safety. Not cleaning up someone's shit.

User avatar
Matt10
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Postby Matt10 » Sat, 15 Apr 2006 1:25 pm

If you read earlier post in this thread, some cabin crew or ex-crew said that they even have to clean up the toilet bowl!

It is part of their duty!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests